Windows 10: Proxy turning on automatically... why has no one solved this???

Discus and support Proxy turning on automatically... why has no one solved this??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It would be GREAT if someone from Microsoft could actually post a solution to this problem and not just virus, malware, blah blah blah crap. Listen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathrynFessia, May 15, 2019.

1. Proxy turning on automatically... why has no one solved this???

It would be GREAT if someone from Microsoft could actually post a solution to this problem and not just virus, malware, blah blah blah crap.

Listen, this is a problem that MANY people have been having for YEARS. At this time I can find nothing regarding a fix from Microsoft. It's unacceptable.

This is an issue that happens in ALL browsers although I use Chrome 99% of the time.

PLEASE NOTE BEFORE ANSWERING:

Windows 10

All browers

Scanned with Norton, Windows defender, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, Trend Micro

NO VIRUS ON VIRUS SCAN

NO MALWARE, ADWARE, SPYWARE ON SCAN

TRIED REGEDIT NOTHING HELPS

TRIED TO RESTORE WINDOWS.. NOPE

DID FILE SCAN... NOPE

FIDDLED WITH INTERNET SETTINGS AND RESTARTING... NOPE

This shouldn't be happening to so many people and there not be an answer.

Microsoft reps, if you can't give me a full solution go ask your manager, if they can't go ask their manager, if they can't dig! Provide us with the service we need.

Community, please don't respond if your answer is a waste of time. If you don't know exactly how to fix this just don't answer.

:)

KathrynFessia, May 15, 2019

2. Proxy settings getting automatically activated

Hello,

Let us try to resolve your concern by configuring the
    Network and Internet settings. Here are the steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Proxy.
    • Make sure that settings under Automatic proxy setup
      are turned off.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 15, 2019
  3. Proxy Server Automatic reset

Hi Yashwanth,

Let’s check the proxy settings and modify them if they are not configured correctly.

• Type Proxy on the start menu search, click on Change Proxy settings.

• Under Automatic Proxy setup.

• Move the Automatically detect settings bar to ON.

• Under Manual Proxy settings.

• Move the Use a proxy server bar to OFF.

If the issue persists even after disabling the proxy settings, check the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Follow the steps to disable proxy.

• Click the Gear box at the top right corner in Internet Explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the option Use a Proxy Server for your LAN.

• Click Apply and Ok to cave changes.

You can also check if some third party software is causing the problem. Try to uninstall the program and see if it corrects the problem.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, May 15, 2019
  4. Proxy turning on automatically... why has no one solved this???

Proxy settings are getting enabled automatically

We would suggest you to reset Windows store cache. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window.
    • Type the following command in run and press Enter
    Command: wsreset.exe

If it does not help, try disabling proxy. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys, type inetcpl.cpl in run window and press Enter.
    • Click connections tab and then click LAN settings.
    • Click to uncheck "Use proxy server for your LAN" box.
    • Click ok, apply and ok.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Proxy turning on automatically... why has no one solved this???

1. Proxy turning on automatically... why has no one solved this??? - Similar Threads - Proxy turning automatically

2. Windows 11 Manual Proxy keeps turning on automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Manual Proxy keeps turning on automatically.: I am running Windows 11 23H2 and the past couple of days I have had an issue where the Manual Proxy Setting turns on by itself with the following values. http://https=localhost with various port numbers.I turn it off and close settings, then reopen settings and it's turned on...
  3. Windows 11 Manual Proxy keeps turning on automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Manual Proxy keeps turning on automatically.: I am running Windows 11 23H2 and the past couple of days I have had an issue where the Manual Proxy Setting turns on by itself with the following values. http://https=localhost with various port numbers.I turn it off and close settings, then reopen settings and it's turned on...
  4. Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings: Hi, I have a requirement of turning off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings in Windows 10.I need to know whether there are any impacts for users if i turn it OFF.Regards,Mujahith...
  5. Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings: Hi, I have a requirement of turning off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings in Windows 10.I need to know whether there are any impacts for users if i turn it OFF.Regards,Mujahith...
  6. Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Proxy is switched on automatically?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy is switched on automatically?: For some time now, a proxy has been switched on continuously. This one interferes with my Uplay, which can not establish a connection anymore. How can I disable the proxy to be turned on all the time? [ATTACH]...
  8. Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off

Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off: Ok so it all started when I couldn't join my friends on Forza Horizon 4, I found that teredo couldn't start, as I searched for answers I found I needed to turn on "automatically detect proxy settings" in the proxy area. what's strange is that as soon as I turn it on and go to...
  9. Automatic proxy setup

Automatic proxy setup: Why can't I save after turning on "Automatically detect settings" in the Settings Proxy window? Because I can't do this I can't connect the internet on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-proxy-setup/3a888875-d947-4589-ad03-2abc890b74d0
  10. stop proxy turning off automatically?

stop proxy turning off automatically?: How do I stop proxy turning off automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/stop-proxy-turning-off-automatically/ec5fdaf2-1ab4-433f-b4bd-adab24a0ff99

Users found this page by searching for:

1. proxy automatically turns on

2. inetcpl proxy activates automatically