Windows 10: Proxying Windows External Storage Access

Discus and support Proxying Windows External Storage Access in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to control access to external storage like NAS, SAN, USB before logging in to OS by prompting user for a pass code. This prompt should appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasoosDev, Jun 14, 2019.

1. jasoosDev Win User

Proxying Windows External Storage Access

I want to control access to external storage like NAS, SAN, USB before logging in to OS by prompting user for a pass code. This prompt should appear before user login at every boot. If password is incorrect, user is redirected to OS login but cannot see the external storage devices.

I want to store password to local drive.

:)

jasoosDev, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Firefox forgets proxy server

Does anyone know why Firefox discards the proxy settings after each PC restart? I'm on a corporate network which uses a proxy configurations script for external web access, and these setting work fine in IE. In Firefox, however, I need to re-enter these under Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings... > Automatic Proxy Configuration URL every time the PC is started.

Bit of a pain really, so does anyone have any suggestions to make it stick?

Misiowiec, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Jun 14, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Proxy Server?

Some proxies "let" you replace the url name with it's IP, like for google http://74.125.77.99/
    Still you would need an external list of ip addresses for each website you want to visit (cauz the proxy would not let you do a tracert) or maybe use an external website for that, like this one (if not blocked already)

temp02, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Proxying Windows External Storage Access - Similar Threads - Proxying External Storage

2. External storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External storage: Connected an external storage device but no wav files are being shown for my music media. Drive is being recognised but no files found. Help?***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Xbox on Windows***...
  3. Storage devices not accessible internal, external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage devices not accessible internal, external: The accessibility of internal and external usb storage devices has become blocked in Windows 11 complete with all latest updates. This concerns an internal Samsung SSD 859 EVO 500GB Drive SSD and an internal TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB drive DVD and any external usb storage...
  4. Storage devices not accessible internal, external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage devices not accessible internal, external: The accessibility of internal and external usb storage devices has become blocked in Windows 11 complete with all latest updates. This concerns an internal Samsung SSD 859 EVO 500GB Drive SSD and an internal TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB drive DVD and any external usb storage...
  5. My external storage not working Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external storage not working Access is denied: hiplease i need help, suddenly my MSI Laptop Win 10 pro. just not allow me to open any external storage.when i select properties it doesn't show space.but in device management it there!if i tried to change the drive letter it's not allow mei made sure that access is no...
  6. My external storage not working Access is denied

My external storage not working Access is denied: hiplease i need help, suddenly my MSI Laptop Win 10 pro. just not allow me to open any external storage.when i select properties it doesn't show space.but in device management it there!if i tried to change the drive letter it's not allow mei made sure that access is no...
  7. My external storage not working Access is denied

8. Access Denied To External Storage Device

Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  9. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  10. Access Denied To External Storage Device

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control access to external storage like nas san usb before logging in to os