Windows 10: prt scr does not work does not save

Discus and support prt scr does not work does not save in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I'm using Windows 10. I've been trying to do screenshots with my prt sc key and this is what happens: 1. The screen gets dimmed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LW_C, Oct 18, 2020.

1. LW_C Win User

prt scr does not work does not save

Hello! I'm using Windows 10.

I've been trying to do screenshots with my prt sc key and this is what happens:

1. The screen gets dimmed in preparation for the screenshot and I get the little function at the top of the screen asking which type of screenshot I would like to make e.g. a normal rectangular shot or a full screen capture.

2. I do a capture and go to my Pictures folder. There is no Screenshot folder and there is no picture saved anywhere there.

3. It's definitely not on my OneDrive dropbox as I've already turned that off and there's no screenshot in the drop box folder either. In my settings it shows that new content is saved to Windows C:

4. I tried checking my registry and here:

prt scr does not work does not save 65572555-a24a-4552-ad1d-e7e13d5675c4?upload=true.png

There is truly no Screenshot.

Can anyone let me know how I can set up my prt sc key so that it saves my screenshots somewhere?Thank you!

:)

2. Noela Tum Win User

Prt sc button not working

Hi,

The Print Screen (Prt Sc) key is useful in getting screen captures and graphics on your Windows 10. If the
    Prt Sc key isn't working, please answer these questions so we can isolate the cause:

• When did this start happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does it happen to a specific application or to all applications?
    In the meantime, you may definitely use the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot because it can also capture all of your screen or specific parts of it. Be sure to click this

link
    for more details on how to use the Snipping Tool.

Hope this helps and we're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Oct 18, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work in Windows 10 Home

Hi DHermosillo

What key exactly is the Prt Scr function on , on your keyboard - where is it located physically?

If you press the Windows Key + Fn + Prt Scr, does that take a screenshot and save it to your Screenshots folder?

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2020
  4. parker41 Win User

prt screen

Having a problem with prt screen. Have been on this for more then 2 hrs., Have used snipping tool, Paint, googled how to but the only time it will let me paste is with my personal info. Been more then 10 years since I have used prt screen so any suggestions?

parker41, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. prt scr does not work does not save - Similar Threads - prt scr does

2. prt scn randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    prt scn randomly stops working: So my print screen will random stop working without warning or anything. well kinda, it still works when pressing :"windows + prtscn", "shift + prtscn", "ctrl + prtscn" - to take a screenshot of the entire screen.And "alt + prtscn" to take a screenshot of active window.but...
  3. SCR File Extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCR File Extension: Hello, today some people send me file with .scr extension, when i google it, i found information that this is a screensaver file. But when i scan it on virustotal, i saw that this is a virus nj rar or remote access control. So i understand that scr file can be a executable...
  4. 'Change where new content is saved' does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Change where new content is saved' does not work: HiI am having trouble saving my Netflix downloads onto D: drive. I have tried to move the Netflix app, but the move button is greyed out. I have also uninstalled Netflix then changed the location, restarted my laptop and it still saves the downloads onto C: drive. Please...
  5. 'Change where new content is saved' does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Change where new content is saved' does not work: HiI am having trouble saving my Netflix downloads onto D: drive. I have tried to move the Netflix app, but the move button is greyed out. I have also uninstalled Netflix then changed the location, restarted my laptop and it still saves the downloads onto C: drive. Please...
  6. Black Screen with cursor, control alt delete does not work, save mode does not work, system...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with cursor, control alt delete does not work, save mode does not work, system...: Hi guys ! I have a Dell laptop with I3, 4gb ram and AMD Radeon graphics card. Yesterday I wanted to log on my pc, but couldn’t get past the sign in screen when I pressed, I didn’t work. I decided to restart my laptop, and till here everything normal. Fan working, blue light...
  7. 'Save as' button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Save as' button does not work: How do I fix the 'save as' button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-button-does-not-work/ab991c4e-1d90-4ab6-84e6-c6b0a1fd01c9"
  8. Windows does not save windows size

Windows does not save windows size: Hello, after a restart Windows does restore the WIndows I had open, but it does not save their size or position. Does anybody know how to fix this? I have a Surface Book 2 Thanks, Stefano...
  9. Bing does not save my preferences

Bing does not save my preferences: Frequently after a shut down, or even a restart, I get signed out of my Bing and none of my preferences have been saved. Who do I have to blame for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-does-not-save-my-preferences/46330e33-3941-412e-8327-d6d7c38b3def
  10. "prt sc"does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "prt sc"does not work: "prt sc" does not work when I press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/prt-scdoes-not-work/d4c0ce1f-37c8-4f76-aa9c-c4fad83c7727