Windows 10: prt screenshot not taking any screenshot

Discus and support prt screenshot not taking any screenshot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so whenever i press prt to take a screenshot i get the overlay but it doesnt save the screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EEEEEE8, Jun 23, 2024.

1. EEEEEE8 Win User

prt screenshot not taking any screenshot

so whenever i press prt to take a screenshot i get the overlay but it doesnt save the screenshot

:)

EEEEEE8, Jun 23, 2024

2. prt sc key not taking a screenshot

Hello,

I have used the prt sc key before to take a screenshot, but it is no longer working.

I have made sure that the "Use the Print Screen key to open Snipping Tool" is toggled on, but it still doesn't take a screenshot and I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work. All it does is open a window saying "Project".

I can still use the Windows key + shift + S, but I would rather not. How can I make it work?

I attached a screenshot of what shows up when I press prt sc.

prt screenshot not taking any screenshot ackvXiI46SZ3Wt1Q1svpdj1ryQKf9PXtcDBYY01UY9w1P4NQoDU6rt%2fSenpJDSROv%2bTtjt6cjP5BDSzNzL7Sc%2fM%3d.png

Claire Mink, Jun 23, 2024
  3. kibbby Win User
    Can't find my PRT SC screenshots

I can find them in my screenshots folder only when I do the Windows Key + PRT SC method, but no matter what I do, I can't find the screenshots I take whenever I only press PRT SC to take a screenshot. Only the ones I take in a game show up on my Gallery, but not the ones I take when I'm not running a game application, which strikes me as weird. Whenever I do take a screenshot, a notification appears from the snip program that tells me it's been copied to my clipboard, and when I click on the notification, it takes me to the picture only to edit it. It does not tell me where it is. I've tried looking in my Saved Pictures folder and my other game folders, but no luck. I've also tried to look in my "Recents" when opening up the folder program, but I can only find my game screenshots and the screenshots I take with the Windows Key + PRT SC method. This is unfortunate because the PRT SC method is my favorite way of taking screenshots that I use very, very often and it saves so much time. I've tried looking at the only two other threads I could find in relation to this problem, but none of them worked for me. I'm using a VICTUS HP Gaming Laptop, if that's part of the problem at all.

Is there any possible explanation for this? How do I fix this, or at least move the screenshots to a place where I can find them? I would very much like to see the screenshots I take, please.

kibbby, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Arman.. Win User

When I'm taking screenshot using windows+prt sc, it takes a screenshot of the top end bar instead of capturing the full screen

Whenever I take the the screenshot using windows+prt sc, it just captures the small portion of the screen which looks like a bar running from top left corner to the top right corner, and the width of the bar is also varying in different screenshots in some screenshots it is the size of the title bar whereas in others it is just 1 or 2mm wide.

Arman.., Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

1. prt screenshot not taking any screenshot - Similar Threads - prt screenshot taking

2. prt screenshot not taking any screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    prt screenshot not taking any screenshot: so whenever i press prt to take a screenshot i get the overlay but it doesnt save the screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prt-screenshot-not-taking-any-screenshot/aaa8bc36-2049-4e6c-9474-9c7039e80c59
  3. prt sc key not taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    prt sc key not taking a screenshot: Hello, I have used the prt sc key before to take a screenshot, but it is no longer working. I have made sure that the "Use the Print Screen key to open Snipping Tool" is toggled on, but it still doesn't take a screenshot and I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it...
  4. prt sc key not taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    prt sc key not taking a screenshot: Hello, I have used the prt sc key before to take a screenshot, but it is no longer working. I have made sure that the "Use the Print Screen key to open Snipping Tool" is toggled on, but it still doesn't take a screenshot and I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it...
  5. When I'm taking screenshot using windows+prt sc, it takes a screenshot of the top end bar...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I'm taking screenshot using windows+prt sc, it takes a screenshot of the top end bar...: Whenever I take the the screenshot using windows+prt sc, it just captures the small portion of the screen which looks like a bar running from top left corner to the top right corner, and the width of the bar is also varying in different screenshots in some screenshots it is...
  6. When I'm taking screenshot using windows+prt sc, it takes a screenshot of the top end bar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I'm taking screenshot using windows+prt sc, it takes a screenshot of the top end bar...: Whenever I take the the screenshot using windows+prt sc, it just captures the small portion of the screen which looks like a bar running from top left corner to the top right corner, and the width of the bar is also varying in different screenshots in some screenshots it is...
  7. Taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking a screenshot: Hi everyone, Well, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my Audacity. I have someone helping me with that, and he wanted me to send him a screenshot of my task manager configured in a certain way. After some poking around, I realized that I had been doing the...
  8. Taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taking a screenshot: Hi everyone, Well, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my Audacity. I have someone helping me with that, and he wanted me to send him a screenshot of my task manager configured in a certain way. After some poking around, I realized that I had been doing the...
  9. taking screenshots

taking screenshots: Please, give instructions on how to take screenshots of my computer screen. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshots/92850574-a600-40fb-80ed-4c00d54501a1
  10. Taking screenshots

Taking screenshots: Using Lightshot for taking screenshots. Please how could I set hotkeys for this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshots/dbe20516-8404-409f-ba95-0dc31418770d