Windows 10: PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

Discus and support PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active. If I have any other window 'active', it works, but if RegEdit is active, it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VNJoe, Jun 28, 2022.

1. VNJoe Win User

PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

The PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active. If I have any other window 'active', it works, but if RegEdit is active, it does not launch the Snipping Tool.Why?

:)

VNJoe, Jun 28, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Registry Editor hidden when open

Hi. RRDodge

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

In this case, there are two ways to open Registry Editor in Windows 10:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type regedit. Next, select the first result for Registry Editor (desktop application).

2. Hold down or right-click the Start button and then select Run. Type regedit in the Open: box and select OK.

Now, if for any reason this does not work, in that case you can use the command prompt to open it, these would be the steps to follow:

• Open the Start menu.

• Click on the Windows logo located in the lower left corner of the screen.

• Type command prompt in the Start menu. In this way, the Command Prompt icon will appear in the Start menu.

• Right click on the Command Prompt. This is located at the top of the Start window. When you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear.

• If your trackpad does not have a button for the right click, use two fingers to press it.

• Click on the Run as administrator option. This option is found in the drop-down menu.

• If you do not have administrator rights on the computer, you cannot complete this method.

• Click Yes when prompted. Doing so will open the Command Prompt in administrator mode.

• Enter the registry update command.

Type reg add "HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System" / t Reg_dword / v DisableRegistryTools / f / d 0 in the Command Prompt and then press ↵ Enter.

• Close the Command Prompt. Now, the command must have reactivated the Registry Editor.

• Try to open Registry Editor. Open the Start menu, type regedit and then press ↵ Enter.

If Registry Editor does not open, go to the next step.

• Restart your computer. Open the Start menu, click on the Start / Off icon and then on Restart.

Once your computer restarts, try again to open Registry Editor.

Best Regards.

Anthony. -

AnthonyBurns03, Jun 28, 2022
  4. PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

1. PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active - Similar Threads - PrtScn key doesn't

2. PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

in Windows 10 Customization
    PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active: The PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active. If I have any other window 'active', it works, but if RegEdit is active, it does not launch the Snipping Tool.Why?...
  3. PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active: The PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active. If I have any other window 'active', it works, but if RegEdit is active, it does not launch the Snipping Tool.Why?...
  4. PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Registry Editor not opening

Registry Editor not opening: My Nvideo Geforce drivers weren't working so I looked up a fix online, this is what I followedAfter copy pasting C: \ Program Files and C: \ Program Files x86 in there spots, it did nothing but give error messages, when I try and open registry editor I get these error...
  6. Activation key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation key doesn't work: When I try to "change product key" and enter the 25 letters and numbers, it tells me the key is not genuine. Please help I spent 150 dollars including tax on this and I CANNOT return it....
  7. Registry Editor opens at starup

Registry Editor opens at starup: Hello! Ever since I installed Malwarebytes a few days ago, a pop-up called "User Account Control" keeps appearing every time I start windows, asking for the app Registry Editor to make changes to the device. [ATTACH] The first time i clicked "yes", my laptop restarted on...
  8. cannot open registry editor

cannot open registry editor: i am not able to open registry editor on my windows 10, whenever i open it a notepad window opens up. what could be the reason?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-registry-editor/ea69d705-7331-4915-aed1-202679e6beca
  9. Can't open Registry Editor

Can't open Registry Editor: I can't open the registry editor. I tried opening it on the command prompt and it says access denied even though i opened it through admin, when I opened it on Windows PowerShell it just says "Program 'regedit.exe' failed to run: The specified executable is not a valid...
  10. My PRTSCN key isnt working

My PRTSCN key isnt working: My PRTSCN key isnt working, thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-prtscn-key-isnt-working/dac34325-534b-471f-b90d-c241e3f37cff