Windows 10: PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work

Discus and support PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; steps already taken: + Driver Update + Uninstall the driver then reinstall + Troubleshoot, error code 10 detected, but can't be fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Helen.diana, Jul 25, 2020.

1. PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work

steps already taken:

+ Driver Update

+ Uninstall the driver then reinstall

+ Troubleshoot, error code 10 detected, but can't be fixed automatically

+ Registry check:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Value Type: Multi String

Value Name: UpperFilters

Value: mouclass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS: The four steps above have been carried out but ERROR CODE 10 still appears accompanied by an exclamation mark next to the PS / 2 COMPATIBLE MOUSE icon

TYPE OF WINDOWS: WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004

TYPE OF LAPTOP: ACER ASPIRE 3 A315-41

PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work 3e176dfb-a67c-44b5-b1f6-5d98857e67e2?upload=true.png

:)

Helen.diana, Jul 25, 2020

2. touchpad doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access touchpad after upgrade to Windows 10, this issue might be due to the outdated touchpad drivers on Windows 10.

I suggest you to use the external mouse and check if it is working and try the below.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse.
    • On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, check the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.
    • Restart the system and later enable it and check it you are able to access touchpad.

Step 2: Update the synaptic drivers

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver (Synaptic driver) and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer's website and install all the drivers on your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 25, 2020
  3. raydream Win User
    Old laptop touchpad working only by uninstalling PS/2 mouse driver?!

Hello! I was trying to restore my sister's old computer, a Toshiba Protege M800 running win7 32bit. The touchpad is not working, after spending hours trying to troubleshoot update latest drivers from Toshiba website (ALPS Pointing Device Driver for Windows
    7 (32) and Synaptics Touch Pad Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)) both didn't work. I got it to work (partially) but with weird phenomenon:

1) Uninstall all drivers, including Toshiba and Microsoft's native PS/2 compatible mouse from Device Manager

2) Upon restart, the touchpad works! However the system will detect and install PS/2 drivers from Microsoft and ask for restart

3) After the 2nd restart, touchpad stopped working! Though Device Manager shows PS/2 drivers working properly

The above process repeats itself whenever I uninstall 'PS/2 Mouse' drivers. The driver is Windows' default so I can't seem to disable the drivers, if only I can stop the driver from loading then I can ensure the touchpad to work everytime I switch it on.

Any kind explanation and solution?

raydream, Jul 25, 2020
  4. jamil08 Win User

PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work

code 10 error in asus touchpad and code 19 in pc/at enhanced ps/2 keyboard

Good day,

i been using my asus laptop for more than a year now and it was doing well but just recently, i saw notification about restarting my laptop for asus touchpad update. after doing so, i suddenly cant open my laptop, i cant enter my password. i tried using
    usb keyboard and mouse. usb mouse is working but the usb keyboard isnt. i already checked my device manager and saw code 10 error in asus touchpad and code 19 in pc/at enhanced ps/2 keyboard. ive been using on screen keyboard now and i find it difficult. could
    someone help me with my problem

jamil08, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work

1. PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work - Similar Threads - compatible mouse ERROR

2. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?: O have Logitech ps/2 mouse which works fine normally with the Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver but while gaming I have to move the mouse really fast so the cursor doesn't works fine as it should. It stutters a lot when randomly moving it fast for better aiming. I tried to update...
  3. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?: O have Logitech ps/2 mouse which works fine normally with the Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver but while gaming I have to move the mouse really fast so the cursor doesn't works fine as it should. It stutters a lot when randomly moving it fast for better aiming. I tried to update...
  4. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem: I have,Dell Inspiron 5406 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 2.19GHz running on Windows 10 Home Single Language 22H2.My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. Device Manager is identifying HID Compliant Mouse as PS/2 Compatible Mouse, and I2C HID Device not able to...
  6. Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem

Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem: I have,Dell Inspiron 5406 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 2.19GHz running on Windows 10 Home Single Language 22H2.My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. Device Manager is identifying HID Compliant Mouse as PS/2 Compatible Mouse, and I2C HID Device not able to...
  7. Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 Touchpad identified as PS/2 Compatible Mouse Problem

8. my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly

my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly: hello every oneI have a ps/2 mouse and a wacom ctl 472-s usb pen mousemy OS is windows 10 enterprise and until a few days ago these two mouse were working flawlessly but from a few days ago until now , when I turn my PC on , windows doesn't identify ps/2 mouse no pointer , no...
  9. my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly: hello every oneI have a ps/2 mouse and a wacom ctl 472-s usb pen mousemy OS is windows 10 enterprise and until a few days ago these two mouse were working flawlessly but from a few days ago until now , when I turn my PC on , windows doesn't identify ps/2 mouse no pointer , no...
  10. my ps/2 mouse doesn't work in windows 10 correctly

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code 10 mouse

2. code 10 mouse not working

3. windows 10 ps2 mouse code 10