Windows 10: PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

Discus and support PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning everyone, I'm writing here hoping to be able to find an answer to a problem that has been driving me crazy for days. Description of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tiadgm, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Tiadgm Win User

PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

Good morning everyone, I'm writing here hoping to be able to find an answer to a problem that has been driving me crazy for days. Description of the problem:My computer on which I installed windows 10 22H2 has an incomprehensible problem, the internal trackpad and keyboard PS/2 freez randomly as a result working with my pc is impossible. The very strange thing is that by opening the "Synaptic Touchpad" app and closing it without doing anything, they restart for no apparent reason and then lock themselves randomly again.I want to clarify that it is not a hardware problem as the PC in safe mod

:)

Tiadgm, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Naresh_K Win User

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would recommend you to reset the drivers for your keyboard. To reset the drivers, please follow the following steps:

1. Right click on the start button and open Device Manager.
    2. Under Keyboards, you will find Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
    3. Right click on it and click on uninstall.

Then restart your computer which will reset the drivers.

Note: If you find multiple options under keyboards, uninstall the drivers for all the options listed (only under keyboards category) and restart your computer. Also you can follow the same steps to fix the issue with your touchpad
    (if it still persist). Touchpad drivers will be posted under Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naresh_K, Nov 24, 2022
  3. PS/2 keyboard not working

I thank you for your quick response. I have tried all methods suggested by you but none was helpful. Anyway thank you very much.

SanjayDalal, Nov 24, 2022
  4. PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

A few days ago, while I was just surfing on firefox, I lost keyboard and touchpad functionality on my Lenovo Z575 Ideapad. Initially, I thought the computer froze so I shut it down hard way. When I restarted the laptop, I still had no keyboard or touchpad
    functionailty.

I have tried many solutions I have seen online including:

1. Updating and uninstalling the relevant drivers in Device Manager
    2. Tried a system restore
    3. Did a system reset
    4. Opened up the laptop itself and took out and reattached the keyboard to the motherboard.
    5. Tried to see if it worked in safe mode

Strangely enough, the keyboard seems to work in the bios and occasionally I may be able to Fn+F2 (black out screen) or Fn+up (adjust screen brightness) on startup, but Both it and the touchpad do not work and my suspicions are that it is a software issue
    related to Windows 10 itself.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue like this and solved it. If so, please share. Thanks

P.S. Previously I was asked to include my nfo file for the laptop.

acetylenegas, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

1. PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT - Similar Threads - keyboard touchpad freeze

2. PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT: Good morning everyone, I'm writing here hoping to be able to find an answer to a problem that has been driving me crazy for days. Description of the problem:My computer on which I installed windows 10 22H2 has an incomprehensible problem, the internal trackpad and keyboard...
  3. PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT: Good morning everyone, I'm writing here hoping to be able to find an answer to a problem that has been driving me crazy for days. Description of the problem:My computer on which I installed windows 10 22H2 has an incomprehensible problem, the internal trackpad and keyboard...
  4. standard ps/2 keyboard

standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  5. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  6. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  7. update drivers touchpad ps/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update drivers touchpad ps/2: hello sir I own a Toshiba satellite c50-bdevice. A few days ago, I updated my device’s operating system to Windows 10, and after the update, the touchpad crashed when opening Windows. It does not appear on me. I contacted the manufacturer about this malfunction, but they...
  8. update drivers touchpad ps/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update drivers touchpad ps/2: hello sir I own a Toshiba satellite c50-bdevice. A few days ago, I updated my device’s operating system to Windows 10, and after the update, the touchpad crashed when opening Windows. It does not appear on me. I contacted the manufacturer about this malfunction, but they...
  9. update drivers touchpad ps/2

10. Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working: A few days ago, while I was just surfing on firefox, I lost keyboard and touchpad functionality on my Lenovo Z575 Ideapad. Initially, I thought the computer froze so I shut it down hard way. When I restarted the laptop, I still had no keyboard or touchpad functionailty....