Windows 10: PS/2 To USB converter not working.

Discus and support PS/2 To USB converter not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have these 2 throttle quadrants for flight games etc, and my ps/2 ports on my computer are only for keyboards and mice, so when I plug it in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harry Veals, Jul 25, 2020.

1. PS/2 To USB converter not working.

So I have these 2 throttle quadrants for flight games etc, and my ps/2 ports on my computer are only for keyboards and mice, so when I plug it in to one of the ports it overrides the keyboard/mouse and then windows freaks out and shouts at me to take it out quickly. I've been looking for a PS/2 to usb converter for so long and have only found things that don't work and are for ONLY keyboard and mouse. I bought a couple of these PS/2 converters and nothings works. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

:)

Harry Veals, Jul 25, 2020

2. PS/2 to USB converter not working

So, I just got a PS/2 to USB converter in the mail today. It's purpose is to allow you to use keyboards that have the PS/2 output using the USB port.

However, when I connect it and I hear the sound of the USB connecting, I tried typing Win+R to go to Notepad. When I pressed the Windows key, it disconnected.

This happens when I press any key.

I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 16232

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

-Tyler

ignored-yt, Jul 25, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    PS/2 to USB converter not working

Hi,

The only thing I can suggest is to reboot the machine with the keyboard plugged in...

I have had mixed results when attempting to use a PS\2 to USB adapter...

Some work perfect, some don't work at all, and others somewhere in between...

Some of them will work for a mouse, but not a keyboard, and others just the opposite...

slance310, Jul 25, 2020
  4. PS/2 To USB converter not working.

ps/2 to usb converter for keybord is not working

I want to use a PS/2 keyboard so that I bought a ps/2 to usb converter. But this is not working. In web I have found the solution that regedit>....>start change the value to 1 to 3, I did that but doesn't work. Tried to update driver software everything
    what I have found in google but nothing work. My keyboard is good and in working position so what is the problem?

Mohammad AbdulHye, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

PS/2 To USB converter not working.

1. PS/2 To USB converter not working. - Similar Threads - USB converter working

2. Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working: After a recent windows 10 update on one of my PC's the ps 2 ported mouse stopped working. Nothing I tried from this website worked. The pc had an older type motherboard with both mouse & keyboard ps 2 ports that have worked for several years.10+ The Keyboard still worked...
  3. Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working: A few days ago, while I was just surfing on firefox, I lost keyboard and touchpad functionality on my Lenovo Z575 Ideapad. Initially, I thought the computer froze so I shut it down hard way. When I restarted the laptop, I still had no keyboard or touchpad functionailty....
  4. standard ps 2 keyboard drivers

standard ps 2 keyboard drivers: [ATTACH] I accidentally delete the drive that can type in the keyboard, the keyboard name is "standard ps 2 keyboard drivers" so which website can re-install again. My laptop is HP 15 and I have Windows 10....
  5. Networking 2 PS’s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking 2 PS’s: In the office we have 2 PC’s that originally came with win8 but now are running win 10. Both where set up that they could see the other PC and also where able to open and change any file on it. After an update/upgrade this is no longer possible. The strange part is that they...
  6. PS/2 Mouse

PS/2 Mouse: Hello, I have 2 PS/2 mouses. A Logitech TrackMan Vista and a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. But they just won't work on my desktop (My desktop has a PS/2 port, so i just plug them in my PS/2 port). I tried al the sulutions that i found on the internet but none will work....
  7. I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work

I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work: I have an old PC quad core 2 intel dated 2008 was vista installed Win 10 home the problem is with mouse / keyboard Only the wireless mouse / keyboard via usb stick wireless working --- i think that is what is came with PC... I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do...
  8. Laptop keyboard ps/2

Laptop keyboard ps/2: One of the keys on my laptop became defective. This affected the keyboard operation. I therefore obtained a usb keyboard thet works perfect. Unfortunately during bootup and while working, the internal keyboard seems to interfere, so much, that sometimes I have to switch...
  9. ps/2 keyboard not working after Windows 10 update

ps/2 keyboard not working after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 pro was working fine until the last update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803) (Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.191)). Now the ps/2 keyboard can not start (code10). A USB keyboard works. If I go into Device Manager and uninstall the ps/2 keyboard then scan...
  10. USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!!

USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!!: Hi there "Back to the future". Bog standard Ms USB mouse doesn't work properly in W10 build 9879 VM after latest Windows updates applied (Ok on earlier releases). VMware tools etc all installed -- no difference. The Toolbar only works when the VM is in Windowed mode (i.e...