Windows 10: PS photos app - audio being lost from videos

Discus and support PS photos app - audio being lost from videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using MS photos 2020.20110.11001.0 on a Windows 10 laptop. I'm have a frustrating time with the app. When I bring in a video into a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alison_Emb, Jan 16, 2021.

1. PS photos app - audio being lost from videos

Hi,

I'm using MS photos 2020.20110.11001.0 on a Windows 10 laptop.

I'm have a frustrating time with the app.

When I bring in a video into a new Video project and place it on the story board it initially plays fine in the preview window.

But when I then bring in another video clip into the story board, I lose the audio when the app joins the videos together. The video project plays but with no audio.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Alison_Emb, Jan 16, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done PS photos app - audio being lost from videos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Apps : Photo, Movie and Windows Movie Player does not allow 2 channel audio tracks in videos

Hi Abielo,

To better assist you about Windows 10 Apps : Photo, Movie and Windows Movie Player does not allow 2 channel audio tracks in videos, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any respond is highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Fabler2 Win User

PS photos app - audio being lost from videos

Lost audio.

You can also try going to device manager and expanding 'sound, video and game controllers' and right click your audio and select 'update driver'. Select 'Browse my computer for drivers' then 'Let me pick from a list of drivers on the computer'. Mine shows Realtek HD audio is selected. Try another one other than the one selected if you have a list.

PS photos app - audio being lost from videos [​IMG]

Fabler2, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

PS photos app - audio being lost from videos

1. PS photos app - audio being lost from videos - Similar Threads - photos app audio

2. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  3. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  4. How to get the audio from Photos' Video editing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get the audio from Photos' Video editing?: I know, a stupid question, but I really want to get the music from Photos' video editing that you can put as background music. Is that even possible?...
  5. Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album

Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album: Is there a way to change a Video Editor into a photo album. We have inadvertently saved a heap of photos from various locations into the Video Editor. I can't seem to find a way to either export them or change the format from a Video Editor to a Photo Album. Any...
  6. Lost all photo videos .

Lost all photo videos .: want to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-photo-videos/c75c5bf3-eedc-417d-867f-11669c174197
  7. Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos

Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos: Where how can I find it? Totally gone. Also since I opted out of sync, the other saved project does not open. I have tried repair on advanced options on app When that did not work, went into power shell uninstalled app and reinstalled, still not working properly. BTW, new...
  8. Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

Lost video files in Microsoft Photos: I am really annoyed and desperately need help. When attempting to open Microsoft Photos where my video files were stored I received error message, unable to open, and told me to try again later. The last thing I did yesterday was create a video file in there and all was fine....
  9. Moving video from Photos app to desktop

Moving video from Photos app to desktop: I have trimmed 8 videos in the Photo App and now want to move them to my desktop. They currently are in my Collection. How can I do this?...
  10. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App: I have been using the photo app to extract stills from video files for some time. It worked fine when I was using a camera that made .mov files. My new camera makes MP4 files. When I use the 'save a photo' facility it now saves a one second long video clip as a .jpg file...