Windows 10: Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

Discus and support Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello!I just upgraded from win 7 to win 10 in 2020 because of end of community support for win 7.I am facing problem with ps/2 mouse. I am using this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChetanKhachane, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

Hello!I just upgraded from win 7 to win 10 in 2020 because of end of community support for win 7.I am facing problem with ps/2 mouse. I am using this mouse from 7-8 years.In 2020 I purchased new usb mouse.When I plugged my

USB mouse after unboxing it,it works and at the same time I plugged my old ps2 mouse in my pc's ps2 port.Ps2 mouse also works at that time.

I am able to use my both mouse on acerdesktop at that time.everything working fine.but after passing 2-3 months the ps2 mouse is not working.But my usb mouse working fine.When I plug ps2 mouse,windows 10 doesnt even recognize my ps2 mouse.In device manager only my usb mouse is displayed and ps2 mouse is not displayed.Before 2-3 months ago when i purchased new usb mouse.At that time both mouse are displayed in device manager.But now my computer only detect usb mouse not ps2.I also know that ps2 mouse must plugged before booting that bios have to detect it.i also done this but it doesn't work.

Please help me to solve this issue.

:)

ChetanKhachane, Sep 3, 2020

2. PS2 Mouse not working in Windows 10

original title - PS2 Mouse

I see on my PC, the PS2 Mouse isn't working, which I would expect, as I removed this mouse and went to a Microsoft Wireless 5000. Should I remove anything to do with the PS2 Mouse? The PS2 doesn't show up on my list of hardware, but apparently there's
    something still floating around to do with the PS2 Mouse. Possibly a Driver still installed, if so, should I delete it and how to delete it? I only ask, as at times, my Mouse Pointer goes a little wonky, especially when I'm Online. It kind of shakes and
    doesn't remain still...if that makes for a good description about what's happening?

Thanks for any help in resolving this Mouse issue.

Best regards,

Gordon

GordonMello, Sep 3, 2020
  3. dw85745 Win User
    PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot

7/18/2020 AM mouse worked fine. System down several hours and activated again 7/18/2020 PM and mouse
    NOT recognized, but mouse laser (light) active.
    Swapped out this mouse with 2nd PS2 mouse and still does NOT work.
    Put on 1st mouse using a PS2 to USB convertor - Mouse WORKS fine.
    Only changes to system were:

1) 7/14/2020 -- Windows Update (Windows 10 v 1909). -- Seems odd update would cause issues 4 days later.
    2) 7/18/202 -- Defragmented HD.

So my assessment is either:
    1) The PS2 Hardware MODO port went out
    2) The PS2 Mouse driver got corrupted during Defragmenting.

MOBO = ASUS H97 Plus .

----------------
    QUESTIONS
    ------------------
    What is best way to test for:
    1) hardware PS2 port failure?
    2) Reinstall just the PS2 mouse driver under WIndows 10 ?

Thanks
    david

dw85745, Sep 3, 2020
  4. aliikhan Win User

Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboard

Can you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank you

Method 4:

1. Open Regedit.
    2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > i8042prt
    3. Set the default value for "Start" to 1.
    4. Restart your machine

aliikhan, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

1. Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ps2 mouse recognized

2. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps2 Mouse not found: Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec mon ordinateur fixe. Depuis quelques temps, un message d'erreur s'affiche lorsque je l'allume : PS2 Mouse not found Unknown BIOS Error. Error code = 8BOCCMOS Setting WrongCMOS Date/Time Not SrtPress F1 to Run SETUPPress F2 to load défaut values...
  3. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps2 Mouse not found: Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec mon ordinateur fixe. Depuis quelques temps, un message d'erreur s'affiche lorsque je l'allume : PS2 Mouse not found Unknown BIOS Error. Error code = 8BOCCMOS Setting WrongCMOS Date/Time Not SrtPress F1 to Run SETUPPress F2 to load défaut values...
  4. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My ps2 controller isn't getting recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ps2 controller isn't getting recognized by Windows 11: Hello, I'm having trouble with this ps2 controller, it used to work fine but suddenly it started getting the message that it wasn't recognized and stopped working. I tried everything that is in this website:...
  6. Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable...: I couldn't find any help in Google. What I did: - automatic repair (everything works there) - safe mode (same as normal Windows, not working at all) - plugged in an old PS/2 keyboard which worked just fine, now it's dead just like everything else, it works in BIOS though Is...
  7. Ps2 mouse is not working

Ps2 mouse is not working: Hello! I am facing a problem with my ps2 mouse. I generally using my ps2 mouse since 7-8 years.I recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 in 2020. After upgrading the system , I can able to use my ps2 mouse on that.I am bored with my ps2 mouse and purchased a new usb...
  8. PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot

PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot: 7/18/2020 AM mouse worked fine. System down several hours and activated again 7/18/2020 PM and mouse NOT recognized, but mouse laser (light) active. Swapped out this mouse with 2nd PS2 mouse and still does NOT work. Put on 1st mouse using a PS2 to USB convertor - Mouse WORKS...
  9. PS2 mouse does not work on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PS2 mouse does not work on Windows 10.: I learned that Windows 10 no longer supports PS2. I have a severe and very painful disability. With a change in the BIOS, I could use use a PS2 mouse to remotely turn on my Windows computer. To Microsoft: Please return full support to PS2. I have no other way to turn on my...
  10. windows 10 pro 1803 ps2 mouse driver is missing

windows 10 pro 1803 ps2 mouse driver is missing: hello ps2 mouse driver is missing while ps2 keyboard is working when plugging mouse to ps2 port , mouse is not working when plugging keyboard to ps2 port , keyboard is working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps/2 mouse not working