Windows 10: PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot

Discus and support PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 7/18/2020 AM mouse worked fine. System down several hours and activated again 7/18/2020 PM and mouse NOT recognized, but mouse laser (light) active.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dw85745, Jul 18, 2020.

1. dw85745 Win User

PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot

7/18/2020 AM mouse worked fine. System down several hours and activated again 7/18/2020 PM and mouse
    NOT recognized, but mouse laser (light) active.
    Swapped out this mouse with 2nd PS2 mouse and still does NOT work.
    Put on 1st mouse using a PS2 to USB convertor - Mouse WORKS fine.
    Only changes to system were:

1) 7/14/2020 -- Windows Update (Windows 10 v 1909). -- Seems odd update would cause issues 4 days later.
    2) 7/18/202 -- Defragmented HD.

So my assessment is either:
    1) The PS2 Hardware MODO port went out
    2) The PS2 Mouse driver got corrupted during Defragmenting.

MOBO = ASUS H97 Plus .

----------------
    QUESTIONS
    ------------------
    What is best way to test for:
    1) hardware PS2 port failure?
    2) Reinstall just the PS2 mouse driver under WIndows 10 ?

Thanks
    david

:)

dw85745, Jul 18, 2020

2. PS2 Mouse not working in Windows 10

original title - PS2 Mouse

I see on my PC, the PS2 Mouse isn't working, which I would expect, as I removed this mouse and went to a Microsoft Wireless 5000. Should I remove anything to do with the PS2 Mouse? The PS2 doesn't show up on my list of hardware, but apparently there's
    something still floating around to do with the PS2 Mouse. Possibly a Driver still installed, if so, should I delete it and how to delete it? I only ask, as at times, my Mouse Pointer goes a little wonky, especially when I'm Online. It kind of shakes and
    doesn't remain still...if that makes for a good description about what's happening?

Thanks for any help in resolving this Mouse issue.

Best regards,

Gordon

GordonMello, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Burgi Win User
    Do PS2 Keyboards work on Windows 10

According to Microsoft, Windows 10 does still accept PS/2 inputs. However there might be issues with drivers, this forum discussion explains the process for troubleshooting it.

Below is a direct quote from the Microsoft engineer in that thread detailing the various troubleshooting methods:

I don't have a PS/2 keyboard to test these for you.

Burgi, Jul 18, 2020
  4. PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot

PS2 mouse stops working after a short while

Thank you Raymond, It isn't a laptop, however it is a i5- 4690, 3.50Ghz processor desktop computer with 8gb of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card.

As you suggest I think I will dispense with the PS2 mouse and only use a usb mouse (even though I much prefer the PS2 mouse) Just one question, if I unplug the PS2 mouse, I assume it won't load the driver for it at start up, so at least the problem with
    the keyboard becoming unresponsive shouldn't occur? (at least I'm hoping it doesn't )

Kind Regards

John.

JohnBurns56, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot

1. PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot - Similar Threads - PS2 Mouse Quit

2. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  3. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  4. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ps2 Mouse not found

Ps2 Mouse not found: Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec mon ordinateur fixe. Depuis quelques temps, un message d'erreur s'affiche lorsque je l'allume : PS2 Mouse not found Unknown BIOS Error. Error code = 8BOCCMOS Setting WrongCMOS Date/Time Not SrtPress F1 to Run SETUPPress F2 to load défaut values...
  6. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps2 Mouse not found: Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec mon ordinateur fixe. Depuis quelques temps, un message d'erreur s'affiche lorsque je l'allume : PS2 Mouse not found Unknown BIOS Error. Error code = 8BOCCMOS Setting WrongCMOS Date/Time Not SrtPress F1 to Run SETUPPress F2 to load défaut values...
  7. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ps2 mouse is not working

Ps2 mouse is not working: Hello! I am facing a problem with my ps2 mouse. I generally using my ps2 mouse since 7-8 years.I recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 in 2020. After upgrading the system , I can able to use my ps2 mouse on that.I am bored with my ps2 mouse and purchased a new usb...
  9. Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10: Hello!I just upgraded from win 7 to win 10 in 2020 because of end of community support for win 7.I am facing problem with ps/2 mouse. I am using this mouse from 7-8 years.In 2020 I purchased new usb mouse.When I plugged my USB mouse after unboxing it,it works and at the...
  10. PS2 mouse does not work on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PS2 mouse does not work on Windows 10.: I learned that Windows 10 no longer supports PS2. I have a severe and very painful disability. With a change in the BIOS, I could use use a PS2 mouse to remotely turn on my Windows computer. To Microsoft: Please return full support to PS2. I have no other way to turn on my...