Windows 10: PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode.

Discus and support PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys. Not sure if I'm putting this in the correct forum, but I know it will be moved but in wrong area. I recently built a new system. Here are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lmaneke, Apr 1, 2020.

1. lmaneke Win User

PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode.

Hi guys.

Not sure if I'm putting this in the correct forum, but I know it will be moved but in wrong area.

I recently built a new system. Here are the system specs.

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
    Ryzen 5 1600 AF
    MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 100me
    16 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 MHz DDR4
    EVGA 450BR 450W power supply
    Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 case
    Hitachi 500 GB 5400 RPM 2.5 HDD

System runs fine with no issues, but the one problem I have so far is this.

On a cold boot it restart, the PS2 port works fine. It detects my keyboard or mouse, depending on what I have installed, but I usually have a keyboard installed as I have a USB mouse.

Once I put the computer to sleep, I can wake the computer by pressing any button on the keyboard, but for some reason, the keyboard doesn't work after that.

I use the onscreen keyboard to log back in, and when I go into device manager, the PS2 keyboard is gone, and I try to get the system to redetect it, with no luck. Only way to fix it is by a restart.

If I use a USB keyboard, I have no issues resuming from sleep mode. The keyboard works fine?

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it a BIOS issue perhaps?

Any help appreciated.

:)

lmaneke, Apr 1, 2020

2. Sleep mode resume

Hi Tyler,

Disabling some of the startup programs normally aids a slow response time when resuming from sleep mode. The concern you're experiencing may continue to happen due to some incorrect power settings. Aside from the steps mentioned above, may we know the specific
    procedures that you have tried to rectify the issue? You can also indicate other changes made on your device before this issue occurred.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 1, 2020
  3. BrooksyX Win User
    Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Apr 1, 2020
  4. PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode.

WIndows 10 icons disappear after sleep mode.

Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided by “Shinmila H”
    in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

lost taskbar & desktop icons after resuming from sleep mode

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Anusha Verma, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode.

1. PS2 port driver disappears after resuming from sleep mode. - Similar Threads - PS2 port driver

2. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  3. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  4. Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep: I have an HP Envy laptop with a Realtek embedded wifi/bluetooth adapter built in. For the past couple of days, every time it resumes from sleep, the adapter has disappeared from device manager and therefore it never connects to my network. If I power it off and on again, the...
  5. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  6. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode: Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes...
  7. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  8. Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode: Howdy folks, Google gives me the impression this is not an uncommon issue. * I've tried the suggestion of deselecting the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. That's not working for me. I'm looking for a way to troubleshoot and fix this issue. *...
  9. touch screen drivers disappear after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch screen drivers disappear after sleep mode: Hi, I recently received a brand new Asus n580vd laptop with a touch screen. Since receiving it, I just installed the offered windows updates, downloaded some third party known apps (Spotify, Whatsapp.. nothing crazy) and copied my personal files. I noticed lately that...
  10. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...