Windows 10: PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update

Discus and support PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since the most recent Windows update, my Playstation 3 controller stops working if no buttons are hit after 20 or 30 seconds or after I use my USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Oct 22, 2020.

1. PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update

Ever since the most recent Windows update, my Playstation 3 controller stops working if no buttons are hit after 20 or 30 seconds or after I use my USB external keyboard on my laptop. This is a problem because when I play Final Fantasy XIV, sometimes I need to type something in the chat window during dungeons or boss fights. Sometimes I need to type something in in order to make an event trigger, and going back to my controller, only to see that it is unresponsive.

When the controller stops working, the "Player 1" light is still lit indicating that both Windows and SCP Toolkit registers that the controller is plugged into the USB port but the buttons are just unresponsive. The only way that I can fix this is by unplugging and plugging the PS3 controller back in. This is a major problemespecially if I am playing healer in Final Fantasy XIV.

This issue started literally after restarting to install the most recent update a few weeks ago. I got the update around midday and I used the controller for several hours without any issues before the update. After I decided to restart and let my computer install updates, this issue started immediately after those updates.

I tried a reinstall of SCP Toolkit and the drivers that come with it, but it made no difference.

I have heard that that update has caused a lot of games, apps, and programs to not function properly but I am not seeing anything regarding the problem that I am having with the PS3 controller since the update.

This is an HP Envy 17 j177nr with Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

:)

Ornithophilia, Oct 22, 2020

2. PS3 controller not working..

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply to the following questions, to better understand your query.

1. Are you using a Wired or a wireless PS3 controller?

2. Do you receive any error message? If yes, kindly reply with the error message and error code.

I would suggest you try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category
      to Small Icons.
    • Now click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click
      ok.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: If you are using a USB Controller, follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

3. Right-click on every device under Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and click
    Uninstall.

4. Restart the system and allow the computer to reinstall the USB controllers.

5. Once all the USB Controllers are installed, connect the external Hard drive again.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 22, 2020
  3. USB/PS3 Controller Error

I'm having a problem with my PS3 controller, it turns off randomly when i'm playing, and then if i for example disconnect my mouse and connect it again it will stop working too until i turn off my computer same thing for every USB device but it seems it's
    starting with the controller, when i check my devices page it shows an xbox 360 controller with a yellow warning marker even though i've never used an xbox controller on my computer, it also gets very hard for my computer to turn off when this happens and
    takes longer than usual for it to turn on again, i use scp server to use the ps3 controller so i do not know if this could be the case even though i've used it for years now
    PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update ef58f05c-6c05-4f1b-992c-68fd43dc41fb?upload=true.png

Guilherme Leite dos Santos, Oct 22, 2020
  4. PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update

PS3 controller

I tried connecting my PS3 controller to my pc using motioninjoy and better DS3 tool but I am not able to make my controller work although I could see it listed in 'devices and printers'.I would be very grateful if someone helps me figure this out.Thanks
    in advance.

PSai Manideep, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update

1. PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update - Similar Threads - PS3 Controller SCP

2. PS3 Controller no longer recognized on pc but works on ps3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS3 Controller no longer recognized on pc but works on ps3: Nothing even happened, I just didn't play for a while, and then it gave me an error the next time I used it. It just says "USB configuration descriptor request failed" and the device was stopped because of an error code 43. Should I open it up? It seems to be in good...
  3. PS3 Controller no longer recognized on pc but works on ps3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS3 Controller no longer recognized on pc but works on ps3: Nothing even happened, I just didn't play for a while, and then it gave me an error the next time I used it. It just says "USB configuration descriptor request failed" and the device was stopped because of an error code 43. Should I open it up? It seems to be in good...
  4. PS3 Controller no longer recognized on pc but works on ps3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Scp toolkit me ha dejado sin control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scp toolkit me ha dejado sin control: Hola! Recientemente he instalado scp toolkit para jugar con el mando de mi ps3, pero en la instalación me equivoqué y marque todas las casillas inhabilitando asi todos mis puertos usb, he restaurado mi pc de fabrica con el modo seguro y no tengo ningun punto de reestauracion,...
  6. Scp toolkit me ha dejado sin control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scp toolkit me ha dejado sin control: Hola! Recientemente he instalado scp toolkit para jugar con el mando de mi ps3, pero en la instalación me equivoqué y marque todas las casillas inhabilitando asi todos mis puertos usb, he restaurado mi pc de fabrica con el modo seguro y no tengo ningun punto de reestauracion,...
  7. PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update

PS3 Controller with SCP Toolkit stops working since Windows Update: Ever since the most recent Windows update, my Playstation 3 controller stops working if no buttons are hit after 20 or 30 seconds or after I use my USB external keyboard on my laptop. This is a problem because when I play Final Fantasy XIV, sometimes I need to type something...
  8. PS3 Controller with SCP Driver stopped working after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS3 Controller with SCP Driver stopped working after restart: Using this tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSaOJJIun8 which by the way, works flawlessly on Windows 7, will not work for me on Windows 10 despite numerous comments (including the OP) claiming that it works flawlessly with Windows 10. All the required software...
  9. Ps3 controller for windows

Ps3 controller for windows: So, I were able to use controller normally by downloading drivers. Ones it didnt work properly on a game. I tried fixing it but ended up somehow deleting "xbox 360 controller for windows" option from device manager. Now it doesn't show that i have connected 360 controller and...
  10. PS3 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS3 Controller: My ps3 controller can be detected by win10 and latest version of pcsx2 but it does not function . I install fireshock and it sill the same. 121219