Windows 10: Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing

Discus and support Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi so i have this problem where i cannot connect my Gamepad controller which is a Dualshock4 wireless Playstation Controller. It used to work when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PisethKeng, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing

Hi so i have this problem where i cannot connect my Gamepad controller which is a Dualshock4 wireless Playstation Controller. It used to work when i pair it with bluetooth on my computer but now the device is not discoverable on my computer. The controller bluetooth is ok when i connect it to my phone. Thanks for future replies I’m hoping to get more information.

:)

PisethKeng, Feb 9, 2020
  2. shrty Win User

Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing issue

So, to keep it short: Suddenly my Windows 10 Bluetooth won't pair anything. I've tried multiple devices and every time I hit the "Pair" button, a minute goes by and I get an error:

or

Yeah, I'm trying to connect my PS4 DS4 controller to my Windows computer with Bluetooth. At first it worked like a charm, using the DS4Windows Software. The software installs an Virtual Bus Driver, which may be removed afterwards. That did not help me after my pairing problem occurred.

I suspect something is wrong with the Bluetooth Support Service, as it is this service responsible for the pairing part.

I've changed updated drivers, rolled back. Rolled back windows. Wiped drivers. Tried Generic Bluetooth drivers. Nothing.

Thing is, pairing worked a couple of days ago.

Any suggestions?

Relevant specs:

• MSI Z170A GAMING M9
    • Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1

shrty, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Irvin22 Win User
    I can't pair my ps4 controller since 1703 update

• Is your PS4 controller compatible with the updated Windows 10?
    I don't know, but before the update everything is working fine.

• Have you tried using a different controller and still got the same result?
    No.

• Have you also tried connecting a different Bluetooth device and still failed to work?
    No.

• Are you receiving an error message when trying to connect your PS4 controller? If yes, what is the error message you're receiving?
    None. I don't receive any error message. When I plugged the bluetooth to my pc then try to pair my controller the light will blink and stays on a solid color (that means it was connected) then after a seconds the light will turn off
    and my controller will not work but when I look into settings in bluetooth device it shows that my controller is still connected but it's not working.

Irvin22, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Tobbe Win User

Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing :(

Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing

1. Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing - Similar Threads - Ps4 Bluetooth won’t

2. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  3. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  4. WIn 10 Bluetooth Adaptor Pairs But Won’t Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIn 10 Bluetooth Adaptor Pairs But Won’t Connect: Win 10 x64 Version10.0.19045 Build 19045 Asus Z270-A MBI had a working Bluetooth adaptor 2.0 that was configured to use my Echo as a speaker. It worked fine up to a recent Windows upgrade though not sure which one. It stopped working at which point I tried another v2.0,...
  5. WIn 10 Bluetooth Adaptor Pairs But Won’t Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn 10 Bluetooth Adaptor Pairs But Won’t Connect: Win 10 x64 Version10.0.19045 Build 19045 Asus Z270-A MBI had a working Bluetooth adaptor 2.0 that was configured to use my Echo as a speaker. It worked fine up to a recent Windows upgrade though not sure which one. It stopped working at which point I tried another v2.0,...
  6. WIn 10 Bluetooth Adaptor Pairs But Won’t Connect

7. Bluetooth paired but not connecting.

Bluetooth paired but not connecting.: My bluetooth headphones x3 and my bluetooth speakers have stopped connecting on both of my win10 laptops. All was working fine until last week. These bluetooth devices are still working fine on my iPhone and iPad as before. I have removed all the devices and re-paired them ,...
  8. Bluetooth paired but not connected

Bluetooth paired but not connected: I have a problem in my windows 10 bluetooth I don't know why but whenever i try to connect any speaker or any bluetooth headset it doesn't connect it says paired but can't connect my other blutooth devices like keyboard,mouse, phone works perfectly even i can share files from...
  9. Ps4 controller connects but won’t work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ps4 controller connects but won’t work.: Hi, i am having trouble with my ps4 controller. I never do this is the first time. I connect the controller via usb. And it connects automatic. But this time i connect it and try to play a game but it will not do anything its just charging. Like when i go into a game it wont...
  10. Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting

Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting: Thank u for replying, I tried that as well as uninstalling the device and Bluetooth and not updating the driver, tested, didn't work then updated it still doesn't work, strange