Windows 10: PS4 control has no idea i have plugged it in

Discus and support PS4 control has no idea i have plugged it in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi i am new to laptop gaming and downloaded a game through steam and my controll wasnt being detected by steam and wasnt being detected by my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DionZaharis, Apr 11, 2020.

1. PS4 control has no idea i have plugged it in

hi i am new to laptop gaming and downloaded a game through steam and my controll wasnt being detected by steam and wasnt being detected by my laptop either. it lights up sometimes when i plug it in but shows nothing and i have also tried connecting it through bluetooth and it did not work???

:)

DionZaharis, Apr 11, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User
    BossDweeb, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Inatis Win User
    PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager

Also, I just tried plugging it back into my PS4, as maybe to reinstall the drivers automatically.

However, the PS4 didn't even pick up on it being a PS4 controller.

Inatis, Apr 11, 2020
  4. CapuRS Win User

PS4 control has no idea i have plugged it in

Windows 10 PC won't recognize PS4 controller plugged in via USB

When i plug in my PS4 controller to a PC, i get the infamous "yellow light of death" where the controller shows a brief yellow light before fading. I've tried looking this up but nothing seems to solve the problem. My controller worked yesterday evening
    perfectly but today it suddenly stopped working. Also, neither my PC nor my laptop recognize the controller in "devices and drivers" -menu, nor do i get the windows sound when i plug in a device.

The methods i've tried for solving this so far have been:

• Plugging the controller to another PC (my laptop),
    • uninstalling all USB and HID drivers and rebooting,
    • pushing the reset button on the controller and rebooting the PC,
    • trying multiple different usb slots on both of my PC and laptop,
    • Pushing the PS button and options+share buttons to try to connect/recognize it via bluetooth,
    • Trying multiple different usb cables.

I did manage to connect my controller via bluetooth to my laptop, but i had pre-installed a driver(scptoolkit) of my controller to that computer. The laptop still couldn't recognize the usb connection i had plugged in. The bluetooth connection worked flawlessly
    on my laptop but i can't use that on my PC.

Any suggestions?

I would greatly appreciate all help.

CapuRS, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

PS4 control has no idea i have plugged it in

1. PS4 control has no idea i have plugged it in - Similar Threads - PS4 control has

2. ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ps4 controller: Hello.My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not workSteam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller. And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio deviceeven tho I disabled it and later...
  3. ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ps4 controller: Hello.My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not workSteam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller. And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio deviceeven tho I disabled it and later...
  4. PS4 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 controller: Hi I’ve just bought a PS4 controller and I’ve connected it to my laptop wirelessly it come with a blue light bot no input and I also tried wired but a yellow fading light came on and no input however I tried it on my other laptop and I works perfectly fine what do I do?...
  5. PS4 Controller No Longer Has Audio on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller No Longer Has Audio on PC: PS4 Dualshock plugged into my PC or laptop via USB, with 3.5mm headphones into jack in controller. This gave me audio from my entire PC/laptop; not just a game. I have never enabled or used Bluetooth on PC or laptop before today and enabling and using Bluetooth changed...
  6. ps4 controller

ps4 controller: did you sort it out with ps4 controller for pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller/459772a8-5058-4753-b5ad-33a86a7a34a1
  7. PS4 controller

PS4 controller: When I connect my controller to the pc via Bluetooth, the pc detects it but other programs like Ds4Windows don't. When I connect it via USB the controller turns the orangish light of charging but the pc doesn't detect it either. I also can't find the HID compillant game...
  8. ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ps4 controller: Help, I have a nacon wireless controller with a Bluetooth receiver. If I plug in the receiver only( controller off) everything will be perfect under device manager, even the headphone jack is recognised . But as soon as I switch on the controller, everything disappears and...
  9. PS4 Controller

PS4 Controller: My ps4 controllers have seemingly just stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them back, but it only shows up after I restart my computer as having the same problem as the last time: driver error. I have googled the...
  10. laptop has no idea i have plugged PS4 control in

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop has no idea i have plugged PS4 control in: hi i am new to laptop gaming and downloaded a game through steam and my controll wasnt being detected by steam and wasnt being detected by my laptop either. it lights up sometimes when i plug it in but shows nothing and i have also tried connecting it through bluetooth and it...