Windows 10: PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless...

Discus and support PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I started having some controller driver issues and tried to fix them, however now the controller connects as a audio device in the Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MohammedAli8910, Jul 14, 2021.

1. PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless...

Hi,I started having some controller driver issues and tried to fix them, however now the controller connects as a audio device in the Bluetooth settings:but also shows up in the control panel as a wireless controller and i don't know how to fix it as it no longer works or connects to anything at all, i have tried to use DS4window and inputmapper and still nothingso if anyone knows how to fix this i would appreciate the help.Thank you.

:)

MohammedAli8910, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Can't link PS4 bluetooth controller

Most likely it is a USB Wireless set, several makes and models available. Bluetooth doesn't usually have a dongle unless there is no Bluetooth already in the computer, most Notebooks have it as part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter. If needing Bluetooth on a Desktop one can get a dongle for it such as offered by IOGEAR. The adapter is also usable on Notebooks that didn't come with Bluetooth but a big advantage of built-in Bluetooth is in freeing up a USB port, important when only 2 USB ports are available. Wireless adapters are usually optional on a Desktop [my ASUS has it] and Bluetooth may or may not be part of it.

To see if you have Bluetooth right-click the Start button, click Device Manager, should get something like this:

PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless... [​IMG]

Berton, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Can't link PS4 bluetooth controller

So I have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse that has it's own bluetooth dongle

I was told this dongle would be able to be utilized to also link my new PS4 controller

But I seem to be having issues with the dongle seeing this controller, or even a bluetooth headset I was trying to pair

So I'm going to assume there is something going on with the dongle

Do I in fact need a separate bluetooth dongle for this? Or can I somehow force the microsoft one to pair to other bluetooth devices?

I'm inside of WIndows Settings>Devices>Add Device>Bluetooth and it scans but sees nothing

Perhaps the dongle for the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse is a wifi dongle and not bluetooth? How can I tell?

johnnyscience, Jul 14, 2021
  4. PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless...

PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hello.

My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled
    it and later uninstalled it)

SugarRushOG, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless...

1. PS4 controller acting as an audio device in the bluetooth settings but a wireless... - Similar Threads - PS4 controller acting

2. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  3. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  4. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  5. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  6. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  7. PS4 controller acting as a bluetooth device and showing up as a audio device in the...

PS4 controller acting as a bluetooth device and showing up as a audio device in the...: Hi,I started having some controller driver issues and tried to fix them, however now the controller connects as a audio device in the Bluetooth settings:but also shows up in the control panel as a wireless controller and i don't know how to fix it as it no longer works or...
  8. PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.: yes i tried resetting my controler. and yes i have a driver for the controller too but it doesnt matter BECAUSE MY PC DETECTS IT AS A *AUDIO* DEVICE jesus christ please its been days im trying to find a solution but there is none other than *oh just go download a driver* MY...
  9. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...
  10. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9