Windows 10: PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Discus and support PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know what is going on. Whenever I plug my controller into my PC, for a split second it recognizes it's a DS4 controller and gives me a notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aureleas, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Aureleas Win User

PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

I don't know what is going on. Whenever I plug my controller into my PC, for a split second it recognizes it's a DS4 controller and gives me a notice that it's setting it up but immediately changes and says "Setting up Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" instead.

When I check my devices, the controller is listed under "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" as well, uninstalling doesn't fix the issue and it just re-installs as an xbox controller the next time I plug it in.

Any assistance is appreciated.

PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows f0ce7032-32c3-47e7-9c39-63d15f7b0431?upload=true.png

:)

Aureleas, Apr 9, 2021

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Thank you for responding...

-No I have not used A Xbox 360 controller.

-When I enter a game, it says that the

"Controller that you are currently using(Xbox 360 for Windows) is not supported. Some features may not be available". Only a game called Payday 2 doesn't flash up with a message similar to that.

-I've downloaded the Xbox Accessories app and connected via USB and it recognized it as an Xbox One Controller and then I tried to update the controller but it says that their are no updates available.

-And no im not using the Xbox One Epite controller. Im using the Xbox One Controller+Cable for Windows.

Other Info.

LOT NO./ DATE: 1745

MODEL NO.: 1708

S/N: *****************

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

StephanLaw, Apr 9, 2021
  4. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

XBOX 360 wireless controller and wireless gaming receiver.

Hi,

Issues with connecting your Xbox 360 Controller to your Windows 10 PC may occur if the drivers are not successfully installed. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• What is exactly happening when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Have you tried connecting the controller using a USB cable to the PC?

In the meantime, you may visit
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    for the step by step instructions.

Loraine Mon, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

1. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - Similar Threads - PS4 Controller being

2. Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would show Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout, which is very frustrating. I thought the Epic Games platform that i play on is the problem...
  3. Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would show Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout, which is very frustrating. I thought the Epic Games platform that i play on is the problem...
  4. Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller

Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would how Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout which is very frustrating and I need to figure the controls myself which takes a lot of time....
  6. Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would how Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout which is very frustrating and I need to figure the controls myself which takes a lot of time....
  7. Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller

8. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  9. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  10. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller