Windows 10: PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

Discus and support PS4 Controller detected as an audio device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; yes i tried resetting my controler. and yes i have a driver for the controller too but it doesnt matter BECAUSE MY PC DETECTS IT AS A *AUDIO* DEVICE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Please.Stop, Jun 29, 2021.

1. PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

yes i tried resetting my controler. and yes i have a driver for the controller too but it doesnt matter BECAUSE MY PC DETECTS IT AS A *AUDIO* DEVICE jesus christ please its been days im trying to find a solution but there is none other than *oh just go download a driver* MY PC HAS TO DETECT THE DAMN CONTROLLER AS A CONTROLLER NOT A AUDIO DEVICE. THATS MY PROBLEM HERE

:)

Please.Stop, Jun 29, 2021

2. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hello.

My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled
    it and later uninstalled it)

SugarRushOG, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Cxllz_ Win User
    PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller?

Cxllz_, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Naveen_M Win User

PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far. We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Reset the PS4 controller.

1. Turn back the controller.

2. You should see a tiny reset button. It must be close to the L2 button.

3. Use a pen or a needle and push the button for 10 seconds.

4. Connect the controller and check.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable the audio and check.

1. Click on Start icon.

2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.

3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.

4. Double click on the controller and go to Hardware tab.

5. Click on the Controller with a speaker icon.

6. Click on Properties and disable it.

7. Unplug and plug it back and check.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

1. PS4 Controller detected as an audio device. - Similar Threads - PS4 Controller detected

2. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  3. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  4. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  6. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  7. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  8. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...
  9. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9
  10. ps4 controller connecting as an audio device

ps4 controller connecting as an audio device: I have used this same controller and PC plenty of times with no issues. then one day I plugged in my controller and now it is only recognized as an audio device. I have tried disabling it and plugging it back in, updating the driver, uninstalling the device, e.t.c. nothing in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps4 controller recognized as audio device