Windows 10: PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Discus and support PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SugarRushOG, Apr 27, 2019.

1. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hello.

My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled it and later uninstalled it)

:)

SugarRushOG, Apr 27, 2019

2. Unable to connect PS4 controller to PC

I can connect the ps4 controller just fine, my issue is that it wont show up at all after being paired. I have to unpair it, connect the device, enter the 4 digit code, it gets very tiresome. Method 1 didn't work because I had no greyed out devices. Method
    2 I have been doing, I am just trying to figure out a quicker way to connect it.

BootlegBird, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to connect PS4 controller to PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be with the Bluetooth drivers. We can try some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the steps mentioned below and share the result:

Method 1: Remove Ghost drivers

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Bluetooth and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Method 2: Remove device from paired list

1. Press and hold Windows key + I to open settings.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Under Bluetooth & other devices.
    4. Click on the PS4 controller and click on
      Remove device.
    5. Once the Device is removed, try adding the device again.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 27, 2019
  4. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

PS4 Controller device driver error on PC

Hello BENJAMINLLIN,

Make sure you have the right driver installed (check in the image)

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver if you previously installed it

How to clean install PS4 game controller driver in Windows10

Go to SEARCH, type DEVICE MANAGER and click that.

Go to HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES , Right click your USBinput Device and select update Driver

Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE .

Select "LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF AVAILABLE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER" to configure the PS4 driver in windows 10.

You need to Mark/ Unmark "SHOW COMPATIBLE HARDWARE" to get the device list like below.Then go to "STANDARD SYSTEM DEVICES" and Select "HID-compliant game controller" on next dropdown as shown below.

Finished

At last try to roll back the driver

On Ask me anything, type Device Manager then press Enter.

Click on Bluetooth tree to expand.

Look for the Bluetooth device, Right-click then select Properties.

Click on the Driver tab, look for the Roll Back Driver button, and click on it.

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps, have a good night

PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device ea2bbfc4-76be-415e-ad12-029f400ca2c3?upload=true.png

ManuelCapiro, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

1. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device - Similar Threads - PS4 Controller Indentified

2. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  3. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  4. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  6. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  7. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  8. PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.: yes i tried resetting my controler. and yes i have a driver for the controller too but it doesnt matter BECAUSE MY PC DETECTS IT AS A *AUDIO* DEVICE jesus christ please its been days im trying to find a solution but there is none other than *oh just go download a driver* MY...
  9. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...
  10. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps4 controller as audio device