Windows 10: PS4 controller is not recognized anymore

Discus and support PS4 controller is not recognized anymore in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have been playing games with PS4 controller on my computer for few years now, sometimes I needed a help of DS4widnows utility, but these days,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mefistofela, Jan 10, 2021.

1. PS4 controller is not recognized anymore

Hello,
    I have been playing games with PS4 controller on my computer for few years now, sometimes I needed a help of DS4widnows utility, but these days, Win10 just installed and worked with my controller just fine without any need of interference. Today after a month time off I wanted to play Witcher3 again just to find out, my controller is not recognized not only by GOG and Steam but his presence is nowhere to be registered within the windows system. There is none in device manager, nothing to be updated or troubleshooted. I checked drivers for all usb ports, reseted controller itself, installed DS4windows... nothing made any difference.
    tried different usb ports and different cables, its always the same, i connect, controller does one dim blink of sign of life and stays inactive.
    I have no option of Bluetooth connection so that option I couldn't really try.
    as far as I can see there has been only one windows update between the time I used my controller last and now KB4592438
    I will be grateful for any advice on how to make it functional again.
    Thank you

:)

Mefistofela, Jan 10, 2021

2. Ps4 controller not recognized in Device Manager

I've played with my ps4 controller for a while on pc but suddenly it doesnt work anymore. I suspect it's from last windows update but I can't say for sure.
    Ds4 windows won't recognize my device, I tried installing drivers with SCPToolkit but my controller doesn't show on "Select dualshock 4 to install" just my mouse, keyboard and headset.

On the device manager I can't see any HID controller or general wireless controller. By plugging and unplugging my device in different usb ports on my MOBO I managed to get a "setting up wireless controller device" and got the light of the controller start flashing, but after a few seconds it just died again.

I'll post some pics of my device manager and SCPToolkit to make you understand better the situation.

PS4 controller is not recognized anymore ASM0u.png

PS4 controller is not recognized anymore tBWuI.png

PS4 controller is not recognized anymore foUcg.png

PS4 controller is not recognized anymore rMigl.png

P.S. I forgot to mention the controller works on the PS4 and the usb cables I tried (about 4) work on phone to charge and transfer file.

P.S#2 I even tried with PS4 remote play, the controller works to remotely operate the ps4, but as soon as I close the remote play and open up DS4Windows it goes blank again.

Dillon Wreek, Jan 10, 2021
  3. PS4 Controller doesn't work or isn't recognized by Windows

I am playing FIFA 19 since November with my PS4 Controller that works with an App called DS4. Yesterday I connected my PS4 controller and nothing happened. I looked on Google after the Issue and nothing helped me. The only thing I know is that Windows doesn't
    recognize my PS4 controller because I don't see it in the "Game Controllers". Can you tell me what driver to install or what do to in order to play again?

imgur.com

Alessandro-VladAiloaie, Jan 10, 2021
  4. CapuRS Win User

PS4 controller is not recognized anymore

Windows 10 PC won't recognize PS4 controller plugged in via USB

When i plug in my PS4 controller to a PC, i get the infamous "yellow light of death" where the controller shows a brief yellow light before fading. I've tried looking this up but nothing seems to solve the problem. My controller worked yesterday evening
    perfectly but today it suddenly stopped working. Also, neither my PC nor my laptop recognize the controller in "devices and drivers" -menu, nor do i get the windows sound when i plug in a device.

The methods i've tried for solving this so far have been:

• Plugging the controller to another PC (my laptop),
    • uninstalling all USB and HID drivers and rebooting,
    • pushing the reset button on the controller and rebooting the PC,
    • trying multiple different usb slots on both of my PC and laptop,
    • Pushing the PS button and options+share buttons to try to connect/recognize it via bluetooth,
    • Trying multiple different usb cables.

I did manage to connect my controller via bluetooth to my laptop, but i had pre-installed a driver(scptoolkit) of my controller to that computer. The laptop still couldn't recognize the usb connection i had plugged in. The bluetooth connection worked flawlessly
    on my laptop but i can't use that on my PC.

Any suggestions?

I would greatly appreciate all help.

CapuRS, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

PS4 controller is not recognized anymore

1. PS4 controller is not recognized anymore - Similar Threads - PS4 controller recognized

2. ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ps4 controller: Hello.My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not workSteam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller. And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio deviceeven tho I disabled it and later...
  3. Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would how Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout which is very frustrating and I need to figure the controls myself which takes a lot of time....
  4. Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would how Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout which is very frustrating and I need to figure the controls myself which takes a lot of time....
  5. Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  7. PS4 Controller not being detected anymore

PS4 Controller not being detected anymore: I play quite a few number of games on steam with my PS4 controller, I was playing Rocket League the other day and my dualshock controller all of a sudden stopped working. I tried checking if it was my drivers, tried installing DS4 to see if it would help me use my PS4...
  8. Computer not recognizing ps4 controller

Computer not recognizing ps4 controller: Hello, I am attempting to connect a ps4 dualshock controller to my PC via a Micro-USB cable from the front of the controller into a USB slot on my motherboard. However, when I plug it in, nothing happens. The device isnt listed in the control panel or any other places on my...
  9. PS4 controller

PS4 controller: When I connect my controller to the pc via Bluetooth, the pc detects it but other programs like Ds4Windows don't. When I connect it via USB the controller turns the orangish light of charging but the pc doesn't detect it either. I also can't find the HID compillant game...
  10. ps4 controller Not recognized

in Windows 10 Customization
    ps4 controller Not recognized: iv been trying to connect my ps4 controller to my pc running windows 10 via usb. whenever i plug it in nothing happens and when i click the power button on the controller it just flashes blue. when i go to device manager, under game controller there is nothing. iv tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps4 controller usb device not recognized pc