Windows 10: ps4 controller no longer works on pc after xbox app update

Discus and support ps4 controller no longer works on pc after xbox app update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before xbox app updated my ps4 controller bluetooth worked fine. now its broken after the xbox app short of running powershell and ripping the app out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scottyK4, Jul 9, 2020.

1. scottyK4 Win User

ps4 controller no longer works on pc after xbox app update

Before xbox app updated my ps4 controller bluetooth worked fine. now its broken after the xbox app short of running powershell and ripping the app out of the system. can you please fix your broken **** i don't want to have to move my main pc to linux just to play wireless seriously fix your broken **** . it disconnects as soon as its connected to windows 10. and before you ask no its not the controller i have like 3 controllers the all work its just windows 10 / xbox app.

im a tech with 15 years experience so FIX YOUR **** because it worked fine until 5 days ago. I should have never updated to windows 10.

it connects to everything else just fine but windows 10 IS SPECIAL FIX IT FIX IT NOW!

edit : still **** broken troubleshot removed drivers restarted and tried ds4 . windows 10 refuses to let the ps4 controller stay connected through bluetooth.

:)

scottyK4, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 9, 2020
  3. PC won't detect ps4 controller

Hi,

I'm Jen, a fellow user and independent advisor.

You have to trick your Windows PC by installing DS4 Windows to emulate Sony controller as an Xbox controller.

The troubleshooting from the link below might be able to help you out. Check under "How To Get A PS4 Controller To Work On PC"

https://www.wepc.com/how-to/use-ps4-controller-...

Note: This is not a Microsoft website. Please be cautious of ads in the website.

Jen Quintos, Jul 9, 2020
  4. ps4 controller no longer works on pc after xbox app update

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

ps4 controller no longer works on pc after xbox app update

1. ps4 controller no longer works on pc after xbox app update - Similar Threads - ps4 controller longer

2. PS4 controller no longer connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 controller no longer connecting to PC: Hi all,So when I try to connect my PS4 controller to my PC, nothing shows up. I've tried holding down the middle and share buttons, turning it on normally, resetting the controller, turning Bluetooth off and on again, charging the controller, restarting my PC, connecting via...
  3. PS4 controller no longer connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 controller no longer connecting to PC: Hi all,So when I try to connect my PS4 controller to my PC, nothing shows up. I've tried holding down the middle and share buttons, turning it on normally, resetting the controller, turning Bluetooth off and on again, charging the controller, restarting my PC, connecting via...
  4. ps4 controller connected but not working on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ps4 controller connected but not working on pc: Hi I used to play with the PS4 controller but suddenly it stopped working and somehow only 2 of my controller don't work and I have other 2 working perfectly, I don't know if this is related to the issue or not but the controller that dose not work somehow connect as a...
  5. ps4 controller connected but not working on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ps4 controller connected but not working on pc: Hi I used to play with the PS4 controller but suddenly it stopped working and somehow only 2 of my controller don't work and I have other 2 working perfectly, I don't know if this is related to the issue or not but the controller that dose not work somehow connect as a...
  6. ps4 controller connected but not working on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Game and GameSound lagging with xbox and ps4 controller on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game and GameSound lagging with xbox and ps4 controller on pc: Hello,i need help pls.today i played monster hunter rise. i usually play it with controller and till yesterday it worked perfectly. BUT today suddenly started lagging and my sound was changing from my headset to my tv the whole time. if i am playing with keyboard what i dont...
  8. PS4 Controllers not working on pc

PS4 Controllers not working on pc: When I plug in either one of my two PS4 controllers to my pc to play games, the bar flashes orange to indicate they're charging but the controllers do not give any input into the pc. I have tried on multiple games and tests online. The controllers do get recognised as...
  9. PS4 Controller No Longer Has Audio on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller No Longer Has Audio on PC: PS4 Dualshock plugged into my PC or laptop via USB, with 3.5mm headphones into jack in controller. This gave me audio from my entire PC/laptop; not just a game. I have never enabled or used Bluetooth on PC or laptop before today and enabling and using Bluetooth changed...
  10. Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update

Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update: Good morning, Last night I shutdown my Windows 10 PC and carried out the most recent update. This morning I am no longer able to use my wired controller. I checked the drivers and normally I have Xbox 360 peripheral drivers installed. I followed the usual process to...