Windows 10: PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager

Discus and support PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, So I recently installed XInput Wrapper for me to be able to use my PS4 controller in Forza Horizon 4, however, now that I've uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Inatis, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Inatis Win User

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager

Hi there,

So I recently installed XInput Wrapper for me to be able to use my PS4 controller in Forza Horizon 4, however, now that I've uninstalled the XInput Wrapper, as it was not working with Assetto Corsa on Steam, it is not being recognised by either windows or DS4.
    I believe the below libusbk category is where they've gone, but now I have no possible way to actually get my PS4 driver back and working with DS4 for use with steam games.

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager 45d9d587-7db6-404b-9930-d4e5876ae21c?upload=true.png

:)

Inatis, Dec 5, 2019

2. Ps4 controller not recognized in Device Manager

I've played with my ps4 controller for a while on pc but suddenly it doesnt work anymore. I suspect it's from last windows update but I can't say for sure.
    Ds4 windows won't recognize my device, I tried installing drivers with SCPToolkit but my controller doesn't show on "Select dualshock 4 to install" just my mouse, keyboard and headset.

On the device manager I can't see any HID controller or general wireless controller. By plugging and unplugging my device in different usb ports on my MOBO I managed to get a "setting up wireless controller device" and got the light of the controller start flashing, but after a few seconds it just died again.

I'll post some pics of my device manager and SCPToolkit to make you understand better the situation.

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager ASM0u.png

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager tBWuI.png

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager foUcg.png

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager rMigl.png

P.S. I forgot to mention the controller works on the PS4 and the usb cables I tried (about 4) work on phone to charge and transfer file.

P.S#2 I even tried with PS4 remote play, the controller works to remotely operate the ps4, but as soon as I close the remote play and open up DS4Windows it goes blank again.

Dillon Wreek, Dec 5, 2019
  3. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hello.

My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled
    it and later uninstalled it)

SugarRushOG, Dec 5, 2019
  4. PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager

PS4 Controller device driver error on PC

Hello BENJAMINLLIN,

Make sure you have the right driver installed (check in the image)

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver if you previously installed it

How to clean install PS4 game controller driver in Windows10

Go to SEARCH, type DEVICE MANAGER and click that.

Go to HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES , Right click your USBinput Device and select update Driver

Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE .

Select "LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF AVAILABLE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER" to configure the PS4 driver in windows 10.

You need to Mark/ Unmark "SHOW COMPATIBLE HARDWARE" to get the device list like below.Then go to "STANDARD SYSTEM DEVICES" and Select "HID-compliant game controller" on next dropdown as shown below.

Finished

At last try to roll back the driver

On Ask me anything, type Device Manager then press Enter.

Click on Bluetooth tree to expand.

Look for the Bluetooth device, Right-click then select Properties.

Click on the Driver tab, look for the Roll Back Driver button, and click on it.

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps, have a good night

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager ea2bbfc4-76be-415e-ad12-029f400ca2c3?upload=true.png

ManuelCapiro, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager

1. PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager - Similar Threads - PS4 Controller appearing

2. my ps4 controller not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my ps4 controller not showing up in device manager: my controller has been working fine since 2022 and now for some reason it just glows yellow when i connect it to my pc and doesnt work and the real problem is that it doesent show up in device manager i tryid using a diffrent cable but still...
  3. my ps4 controller not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ps4 controller not showing up in device manager: my controller has been working fine since 2022 and now for some reason it just glows yellow when i connect it to my pc and doesnt work and the real problem is that it doesent show up in device manager i tryid using a diffrent cable but still...
  4. my ps4 controller not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  6. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  7. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  8. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  9. my ps4 controller is not showing up in my device manager or its not downloading my ps4...

my ps4 controller is not showing up in my device manager or its not downloading my ps4...: Hi im currently having issues with my ps4 controller when i plug it in to my pc it's not showing up and when i plugged it in it didnt make a sound didnt notifi me or didnt do anything please help i know its with my pc and not the controller....
  10. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps4 controller not showing up in device manager

2. PS4 controller not appearing in device manager

3. ps4 usb controller device manager

4. ps4 controller doesnt show up device,
  5. ds4 recognized as hid keyboard device