Windows 10: PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

Discus and support PS4 controller not being recognised by applications in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI have been using my ps4 controllers until recently, when they suddenly stopped working with applications. They successfully connect to my laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimMalczewski, May 14, 2022.

1. PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

HiI have been using my ps4 controllers until recently, when they suddenly stopped working with applications. They successfully connect to my laptops Bluetooth, but they are not recognised or treated like a controller in any of the apps. Steam says "no controller connected" and DS4Windows says "no controllers connected." This is odd, the controllers successfully connect, but do literally nothing except infuriate me. I have checked for updates, updated the drivers, hard restarted, reset the controllers, all 3 of them, and now i cant play any of my racing games i have installed on my laptop.

:)

TimMalczewski, May 14, 2022
  2. AlexHude Win User

My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device

I am currently in another country for a couple of months and left my PS4 controller at home. I bought a new one that includes a wire but I started having issues with it.

When I went to Settings > Devices >
    Bluetooth
    and other devices, it said that the PS4 controller was recognised as audio.

After doing some research, I was told to go to Control Panel >
    Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, double-click on the PS4 controller, go to
    Hardware, click on the Function with the Sound icon, click
    Properties
    , go to Drive and click Disable Device, and finally plug and replug the device. Unfortunately, the option for Disable Device was restricted.

Could someone help me solve this problem?

AlexHude, May 14, 2022
  3. ps4 controler

can i connect my ps4 controler to laptop win 10

danielfraser1, May 14, 2022
  4. BossDweeb Win User

PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

BossDweeb, May 14, 2022
Thema:

PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

1. PS4 controller not being recognised by applications - Similar Threads - PS4 controller being

2. Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised: I used to play with my ps4 controller via an USB connection all the time. At one point, the controller was being recognised showed up in Bluetooth & Devices section, as well as in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, but any input stopped being recognised. Applications that...
  3. Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised: I used to play with my ps4 controller via an USB connection all the time. At one point, the controller was being recognised showed up in Bluetooth & Devices section, as well as in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, but any input stopped being recognised. Applications that...
  4. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  5. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  6. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

7. PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

PS4 controller not being recognised by applications: HiI have been using my ps4 controllers until recently, when they suddenly stopped working with applications. They successfully connect to my laptops Bluetooth, but they are not recognised or treated like a controller in any of the apps. Steam says "no controller connected"...
  8. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot: Hi there, I've viewed a lot of similar threads on the issue but unfortunately nothing has helped so far.I'm trying to use a Dualshock 4 controller on my PC Windows 10. Unfortunately after trying multiple controller/cable combinations none of them have worked.The issue is that...
  9. PS4 Controller not being detected anymore

PS4 Controller not being detected anymore: I play quite a few number of games on steam with my PS4 controller, I was playing Rocket League the other day and my dualshock controller all of a sudden stopped working. I tried checking if it was my drivers, tried installing DS4 to see if it would help me use my PS4...
  10. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...