Windows 10: PS4 controller not detected by windows 10

Discus and support PS4 controller not detected by windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically, tried most trouble shoots. Installed DS4, installed xbox controller drivers etc and still nothing works. The issue isnt that it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cyborg_zrs, Mar 8, 2020.

1. PS4 controller not detected by windows 10

So basically, tried most trouble shoots. Installed DS4, installed xbox controller drivers etc and still nothing works. The issue isnt that it is not working, the issue is that when plugged in all the controller does it shows the yellow charing light and nothing else. Nothing changes in things like device manager or anything too, so uninstalling drivers to reinstall them isnt and option

submitted by /u/cyborg_zrs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cyborg_zrs, Mar 8, 2020

2. Computer is not detecting ps4 controller

I play games using ps4 controller. But yesterday I had an issue, when I plugged in my controller, I saw a fading yellow light and ds4 didn’t recognize my controller.

I had the similar issue before and know that I should find "driver error" in the Settings, then I remove the device, plug out the controller, plug it again and everything worked fine.

However yesterday I didn’t find the controller in the Devices and Windows stopped detecting this controller

Becky Jones3, Mar 8, 2020
  3. ps4 controller isn't detected windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does the PC recognize other USB devices when plugged in to the front USB port?

The reasons could be Power Supply issues, Power Management settings, Outdated or damaged USB drivers and damaged USB Ports.

Let us try these methods one by one and check if that makes any difference.

Method A: Suggest you to plug in the device and run the troubleshooter tool to automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if that works for you.

I would like to let you know that there's a tiny pinhole on the back of the controller near a screw, by the L2 trigger button. Try pressing that in to see if it clears it up. In Windows 10, it just shows up as "wireless controller".

Alternatively, you may also want to connect the PS4 device to a different computer and check if it works.

Method B: You can also update the USB controllers from Device Manager to check if that helps you.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    2. Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    3. Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    Once this is done, restart the computer and plug in the device and check if that works.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 8, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

PS4 controller not detected by windows 10

Computer is not detecting ps4 controller

Hello Becky,

Did you change anything to your system prior to the issue?

There are several reasons that might cause this issue: Power Supply issues, Power Management settings, Outdated or damaged USB drivers and damaged USB Ports.

So I would suggest you try to check the above problems. Please follow the methods below:

Method 1: Let’s run the troubleshooting tool to automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/...

When you are done restart your PC and check the status of the issue.

After that press a pinhole on the back of the controller near a screw, by the L2 trigger button to see if it clears it up. In Windows 10 it just shows up as "wireless controller".

You can also connect your PS4 device to another computer and check if it makes any difference.

Method 2: Try updating the USB controllers from Device Manager:

Press Windows key + X and tap on Device Manager

Double click on USB Controllers

Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and choose Update.

When you are done restart your PC and plug in the device and check if it makes any difference.

SamuelLV, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

PS4 controller not detected by windows 10

1. PS4 controller not detected by windows 10 - Similar Threads - PS4 controller detected

2. PC not detecting PS4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not detecting PS4 controller: Hello, Today I tried playing Fifa 22 after a month of not playing it. In this month I restore=d my pc so all drivers probably were deleted. But when I try to connect my PS4 controller, or with bluetooth or with USB neither way it is working. The controller is not appearing...
  3. PC not detecting PS4 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not detecting PS4 controller: Hello, Today I tried playing Fifa 22 after a month of not playing it. In this month I restore=d my pc so all drivers probably were deleted. But when I try to connect my PS4 controller, or with bluetooth or with USB neither way it is working. The controller is not appearing...
  4. PS4 Controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller on Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am trying to use my PS4 Controller on Windows. When I plug it into any USB interface, the usual device connected sound is audible and the Controller appears in the Windows Settings in the category devices as "Wireless Controller", which is odd, because I...
  5. PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.: yes i tried resetting my controler. and yes i have a driver for the controller too but it doesnt matter BECAUSE MY PC DETECTS IT AS A *AUDIO* DEVICE jesus christ please its been days im trying to find a solution but there is none other than *oh just go download a driver* MY...
  6. PS4 Controller not being detected anymore

PS4 Controller not being detected anymore: I play quite a few number of games on steam with my PS4 controller, I was playing Rocket League the other day and my dualshock controller all of a sudden stopped working. I tried checking if it was my drivers, tried installing DS4 to see if it would help me use my PS4...
  7. Bluetooth Fails to Detect PS4 Controller

Bluetooth Fails to Detect PS4 Controller: Hello, I am trying to connect a PS4 Dualshock controller to my PC in order to play games on Steam. However, my Bluetooth system fails to detect the controller. I downloaded DS4 Windows to see if I could connect the controller; however, it is also dependent on Bluetooth....
  8. PC won't detect ps4 controller

PC won't detect ps4 controller: Hey guys, so I've been playing my steam games with a ps4 controller. I never had the need for ds4, i would just plug my controller in and it would automatically connect. Now for some reason my pc just won't detect my controller at all. I've tried updating drivers, the cord is...
  9. Computer is not detecting ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is not detecting ps4 controller: I play games using ps4 controller. But yesterday I had an issue, when I plugged in my controller, I saw a fading yellow light and ds4 didn’t recognize my controller. I had the similar issue before and know that I should find "driver error" in the Settings, then I remove the...
  10. ps4 controller isn't detected windows 10

ps4 controller isn't detected windows 10: So for over a year now I have been using my ps4 controller to play games on pc with ds4. As of yesterday, everything was working fine untill i plugged in my controller again and it shows a yellow light that fades, and ds4 doesn't recognize it. Usually when this happens i go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not recognizing ps4 controller

2. ps4 controller not detected pc

3. ps4 to windows not detected

4. ps4 controller not detected anymore windows 10,
  5. ps4 controller not detected on windows 10,
  6. windows 10 not detecting ds4 controller ds4windows