Windows 10: PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search

Discus and support PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have tried almost everything but my controller won't show up when its searching for devices and i was even holding down share and the ps button and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarTDC, Jun 17, 2021.

1. CarTDC Win User

PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search

i have tried almost everything but my controller won't show up when its searching for devices and i was even holding down share and the ps button and it doesn't show up even tho the controller is in pair mode please help

:)

CarTDC, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Can't link PS4 bluetooth controller

Most likely it is a USB Wireless set, several makes and models available. Bluetooth doesn't usually have a dongle unless there is no Bluetooth already in the computer, most Notebooks have it as part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter. If needing Bluetooth on a Desktop one can get a dongle for it such as offered by IOGEAR. The adapter is also usable on Notebooks that didn't come with Bluetooth but a big advantage of built-in Bluetooth is in freeing up a USB port, important when only 2 USB ports are available. Wireless adapters are usually optional on a Desktop [my ASUS has it] and Bluetooth may or may not be part of it.

To see if you have Bluetooth right-click the Start button, click Device Manager, should get something like this:

PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search [​IMG]

Berton, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Bastet Win User

I found pairing a PS4 controller hit & miss & I have a laptop with Bluetooth.
    I had to use a cable to connect then once done put the DS4 in pairing mode & then Bluetooth saw it (while connected via cable).
    I also use DS for Windows.
    DS4Windows

Bastet, Jun 17, 2021
  4. PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search

So I have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse that has it's own bluetooth dongle

I was told this dongle would be able to be utilized to also link my new PS4 controller

But I seem to be having issues with the dongle seeing this controller, or even a bluetooth headset I was trying to pair

So I'm going to assume there is something going on with the dongle

Do I in fact need a separate bluetooth dongle for this? Or can I somehow force the microsoft one to pair to other bluetooth devices?

I'm inside of WIndows Settings>Devices>Add Device>Bluetooth and it scans but sees nothing

Perhaps the dongle for the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse is a wifi dongle and not bluetooth? How can I tell?

johnnyscience, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search

1. PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search - Similar Threads - PS4 controller showing

2. Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth: I tried to connect my ps4 controller to my pc but it won't show up. And i tried connecting a headphone device to the bluetooth and it worked and i tried to connect the ps4 controller to my cellphone and it worked, so idk what is the problem. I have already updated the drivers...
  3. Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth: I tried to connect my ps4 controller to my pc but it won't show up. And i tried connecting a headphone device to the bluetooth and it worked and i tried to connect the ps4 controller to my cellphone and it worked, so idk what is the problem. I have already updated the drivers...
  4. Ps4 Controller Bluetooth problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 Controller Bluetooth problems: Hi, I want to use ds4 and a ps4 controller, but my Bluetooth stopped working all of a sudden, and not just my ps4 controllers, every device. I would love some help on why my ps4 controller is not working correctly....
  5. Ps4 Controller Bluetooth problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 Controller Bluetooth problems: Hi, I want to use ds4 and a ps4 controller, but my Bluetooth stopped working all of a sudden, and not just my ps4 controllers, every device. I would love some help on why my ps4 controller is not working correctly....
  6. PS4 controller acting as a bluetooth device and showing up as a audio device in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 controller acting as a bluetooth device and showing up as a audio device in the...: Hi,I started having some controller driver issues and tried to fix them, however now the controller connects as a audio device in the Bluetooth settings:but also shows up in the control panel as a wireless controller and i don't know how to fix it as it no longer works or...
  7. PS4 controller bluetooth connection

PS4 controller bluetooth connection: Hi I was trying to connect my ps4 controller to my pc wirelessly but my pc didn't find it. I found that I don't have a HID-compliant game controller and Bluetooth HID device under my Human Interface Devices. I tried updating one of my USB input devices to HID-compliant game...
  8. PS4 Controller Wont show up in Bluetooth

PS4 Controller Wont show up in Bluetooth: I found it hidden, how do i fix this I constantly need to plug it into DS4 Windows and its such an inconvenience not to have it wireless please and thank you...
  9. PS4 Bluetooth Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PS4 Bluetooth Controller: I'm going nuts trying to connect a PS4 controller to a Windows 10 VM. The controller, headphones and other devices connect effortlessly to my windows 10 laptop, but not my sons Windows 10 VM? I've tried installing genuine Intel drivers. Uninstalling and installing Bluetooth....
  10. Bluetooth issue with PS4 controller

Bluetooth issue with PS4 controller: How do I add a PS4 controller via Bluetooth to my windows 10 PC? I have done it in the past and now it seems to connect and I get asked this question "Do you want to allow this device to pair?" BUT there is no where to click "yes" so what the hell!!! I am so frustrated by...