Windows 10: Ps4 controller only being used as sound

Discus and support Ps4 controller only being used as sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried many things from pressing the reset button to disabling the controller and I don't know what else to do but ds4 and steam can't recognize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ObsidianFlight, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Ps4 controller only being used as sound

I have tried many things from pressing the reset button to disabling the controller and I don't know what else to do but ds4 and steam can't recognize the controller

:)

ObsidianFlight, Oct 30, 2019

2. PS4 controller is not conecting to PC

I tried connecting a brand new PS4 controller to my PC and it doesn't even make a sound when I plug it in.

Furious egg, Oct 30, 2019
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    BossDweeb, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Ps4 controller only being used as sound

ps4 controler

can i connect my ps4 controler to laptop win 10

danielfraser1, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Ps4 controller only being used as sound

1. Ps4 controller only being used as sound - Similar Threads - Ps4 controller being

2. Can not use ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not use ps4 controller: Hello.My ps4 controller identifies as a sound device, only charges when i plug it in, bluetooth also doesn't work, ds4, steam and none of the apps recognizes the controller and yes my cable does transfer data. I tried every possible way i could find on internet but i couldn't...
  3. Can not use ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not use ps4 controller: Hello.My ps4 controller identifies as a sound device, only charges when i plug it in, bluetooth also doesn't work, ds4, steam and none of the apps recognizes the controller and yes my cable does transfer data. I tried every possible way i could find on internet but i couldn't...
  4. Can not use ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  6. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  7. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

8. PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 controller not being recognised by applications: HiI have been using my ps4 controllers until recently, when they suddenly stopped working with applications. They successfully connect to my laptops Bluetooth, but they are not recognised or treated like a controller in any of the apps. Steam says "no controller connected"...
  9. PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

PS4 controller not being recognised by applications: HiI have been using my ps4 controllers until recently, when they suddenly stopped working with applications. They successfully connect to my laptops Bluetooth, but they are not recognised or treated like a controller in any of the apps. Steam says "no controller connected"...
  10. PS4 Controller not being detected anymore

PS4 Controller not being detected anymore: I play quite a few number of games on steam with my PS4 controller, I was playing Rocket League the other day and my dualshock controller all of a sudden stopped working. I tried checking if it was my drivers, tried installing DS4 to see if it would help me use my PS4...