Windows 10: PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

Discus and support PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dwulko, Jan 3, 2021.

1. dwulko Win User

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It use to work a few months ago during the Summer. It gets recognised by PS4s as a controller so I just dont understand why it wont work on PC. Does anyone know what to do?

:)

dwulko, Jan 3, 2021
  2. AlexHude Win User

My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device

I am currently in another country for a couple of months and left my PS4 controller at home. I bought a new one that includes a wire but I started having issues with it.

When I went to Settings > Devices >
    Bluetooth
    and other devices, it said that the PS4 controller was recognised as audio.

After doing some research, I was told to go to Control Panel >
    Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, double-click on the PS4 controller, go to
    Hardware, click on the Function with the Sound icon, click
    Properties
    , go to Drive and click Disable Device, and finally plug and replug the device. Unfortunately, the option for Disable Device was restricted.

Could someone help me solve this problem?

AlexHude, Jan 3, 2021
  3. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hello.

My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled
    it and later uninstalled it)

SugarRushOG, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Cxllz_ Win User

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller?

Cxllz_, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device - Similar Threads - PS4 Controller Recognised

2. Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised: I used to play with my ps4 controller via an USB connection all the time. At one point, the controller was being recognised showed up in Bluetooth & Devices section, as well as in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, but any input stopped being recognised. Applications that...
  3. Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised: I used to play with my ps4 controller via an USB connection all the time. At one point, the controller was being recognised showed up in Bluetooth & Devices section, as well as in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, but any input stopped being recognised. Applications that...
  4. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  5. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  6. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  7. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  8. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  9. My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device: I am currently in another country for a couple of months and left my PS4 controller at home. I bought a new one that includes a wire but I started having issues with it. When I went to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices, it said that the PS4 controller was...
  10. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9