Windows 10: PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device.

Discus and support PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two DS4 remotes, and the other was recognized as an audio device and worked fine, and even allowed a headset to be plugged into said remote to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZacharyFulcher, Jun 28, 2020.

1. PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device.

I have two DS4 remotes, and the other was recognized as an audio device and worked fine, and even allowed a headset to be plugged into said remote to be used. However my newer one that I'm trying to use in favor of the other one does not, and I was wondering how I can get it recognized as one.

I would use the headset for my PC, but my PC doesn't recognize it as a headset with a microphone, and uses it as a normal pair of headphones, hence why I want to set up my current PS4 remote similarly to my last one so that I can still use my headset.

:)

ZacharyFulcher, Jun 28, 2020

2. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hello.

My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled
    it and later uninstalled it)

SugarRushOG, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Ps4 controller not recognized in Device Manager

I've played with my ps4 controller for a while on pc but suddenly it doesnt work anymore. I suspect it's from last windows update but I can't say for sure.
    Ds4 windows won't recognize my device, I tried installing drivers with SCPToolkit but my controller doesn't show on "Select dualshock 4 to install" just my mouse, keyboard and headset.

On the device manager I can't see any HID controller or general wireless controller. By plugging and unplugging my device in different usb ports on my MOBO I managed to get a "setting up wireless controller device" and got the light of the controller start flashing, but after a few seconds it just died again.

I'll post some pics of my device manager and SCPToolkit to make you understand better the situation.

PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device. ASM0u.png

PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device. tBWuI.png

PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device. foUcg.png

PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device. rMigl.png

P.S. I forgot to mention the controller works on the PS4 and the usb cables I tried (about 4) work on phone to charge and transfer file.

P.S#2 I even tried with PS4 remote play, the controller works to remotely operate the ps4, but as soon as I close the remote play and open up DS4Windows it goes blank again.

Dillon Wreek, Jun 28, 2020
  4. PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device.

Remote device doesn’t detect audio input

The problem that the audio input of my laptop is not visible by the remote computer. I did troubleshooting steps such as checked settings, group policy, remote desktop services. No problem. But it remote audio device isn’t picking up input from my
    mic.

Crystal Richards1, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device.

1. PS4 Dual Shock remote not recognized as an audio device. - Similar Threads - PS4 Dual Shock

2. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  3. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  4. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  5. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  6. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  7. PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.

PS4 Controller detected as an audio device.: yes i tried resetting my controler. and yes i have a driver for the controller too but it doesnt matter BECAUSE MY PC DETECTS IT AS A *AUDIO* DEVICE jesus christ please its been days im trying to find a solution but there is none other than *oh just go download a driver* MY...
  8. Ps3 dual shock 3 not working

Ps3 dual shock 3 not working: it shows up in other devices but does not show up in the device manager and does not send/receive any inputs like it isn't installing any drivers to run it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps3-dual-shock-3-not-working/1fd3c092-a32a-48b7-9388-260429e530d6
  9. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...
  10. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9