Windows 10: PSA: 1909 or Intel Driver update confused external wired speakers

Discus and support PSA: 1909 or Intel Driver update confused external wired speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Either after 1909 or a recent Intel Graphics update my wired external speakers somehow became deselected. I have a Mini desktop PC and in settings my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Pool Man, Nov 22, 2019.

1. PSA: 1909 or Intel Driver update confused external wired speakers

Either after 1909 or a recent Intel Graphics update my wired external speakers somehow became deselected. I have a Mini desktop PC and in settings my external speakers were no longer selected. I re-selected them and they appear fixed.

You have to go here to reselect your external speakers.

PSA: 1909 or Intel Driver update confused external wired speakers [​IMG]

Just sharing if this helps someone.

:)

The Pool Man, Nov 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 external wired speakers

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my external wired speakers won't work, can anyone help with an answer please?

EricReekie, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary device not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 22, 2019
  4. PSA: 1909 or Intel Driver update confused external wired speakers

No sound from external speakers

Hi,

It can be an outdated or faulty driver that is causing your external speaker not to work. For us to provide the appropriate solution to your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the external speaker detected in the Device Manager?
    • Is there any error messages that you are getting?
    • Have you tried connecting the speaker to another device?

You can visit this
    link
    on how to update drivers in Windows 10. If the error still occurs, we also suggest that you download the troubleshooter and run it from this link: Fix
    sound problems

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

PSA: 1909 or Intel Driver update confused external wired speakers

1. PSA: 1909 or Intel Driver update confused external wired speakers - Similar Threads - PSA 1909 Intel

2. An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.: An Intel Driver update program replaced my OEM Lenovo laptop speaker driver and now the speakers do not appear in the Device Manager menu. I tried downloading the Intel Management console and drivers from the Lenovo website, but that didn't work. Would resetting Windows 10...
  3. An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.: An Intel Driver update program replaced my OEM Lenovo laptop speaker driver and now the speakers do not appear in the Device Manager menu. I tried downloading the Intel Management console and drivers from the Lenovo website, but that didn't work. Would resetting Windows 10...
  4. An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intel microcode update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intel microcode update confusion: Windows 10 Home v 20H2 x64 Asking about Intel microcode update for Spectre/Meltdown protection. CPU is i5-2400S, and apparently KB4465065 addresses variants of both issues. However confused over whether or not this update can/should be applied: GRC InSpectre reports all...
  6. Intel Drivers update

Intel Drivers update: When Widows update, it seems it overlooks the Intel drivers. Even as of now the windows doesn't show any Intel drivers need updating, but when I ran Intel Driver Support Assistant, it showed 3 drivers need updating Blue Tooth, Audio and Rapid Storage technology, How Windows...
  7. AMD Driver update confusion

AMD Driver update confusion: I have a laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfxseen from system properties so can I install Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®. Do it update AMD Radeon settings lite software also? Is that safe?...
  8. Intel driver updates

Intel driver updates: Hi Just installed some "optional updates" via the update checker. I've since read that these will take you back to an older version and basically should not have been released. All I remember is they where Intel and Hewlet Packard. In fact its still showing you 1 to...
  9. Wired Speaker Sound Options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired Speaker Sound Options: I have a Bluetooth speaker, and when I have it connected via Bluetooth I get the "bass boost" and other sound settings, but when I have it connected via AUX cord, I don't get those options when I go into the speaker properties in the sound control bar? Any workaround for this...
  10. Intel Drivers Update

Intel Drivers Update: [ATTACH]Since the new update of my graphics driver(26.20.100.7263) The control panel is nowhere to be found. Intel says I should download the app in the Microsoft store and I did, but it says an old version has been installed so I can't open. When I checked the Intel's...