Windows 10: PSA: don't install kb4524244 if you are running a threadripper 3970x

Discus and support PSA: don't install kb4524244 if you are running a threadripper 3970x in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Installed kb4524244 and window's never uses more than 20 cores in cinebench, prime95, any application. Removed kb4524244 and it goes back to using all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kitejumping, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:42 PM.

1. PSA: don't install kb4524244 if you are running a threadripper 3970x

Installed kb4524244 and window's never uses more than 20 cores in cinebench, prime95, any application. Removed kb4524244 and it goes back to using all cores again. Avoid this update if you're on a 3970x or 3990x threadripper. Also, the system in general seemed sluggish with this update.

submitted by /u/kitejumping
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kitejumping, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:42 PM
  2. jmcslob Win User

PSA: Don't update your Gigabyte AM4 motherboard BIOSes.

Yeah... I had an intel b250m-UD3 go...
    I think I may have posted this PSA on the GN thread but not here...

At least they are doing a one step RMA...

It's not just AMD boards.

3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

4. PSA: don't install kb4524244 if you are running a threadripper 3970x

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Feb 13, 2020 at 2:09 PM
Thema:

PSA: don't install kb4524244 if you are running a threadripper 3970x

1. PSA: don't install kb4524244 if you are running a threadripper 3970x - Similar Threads - PSA don't install

2. KB4524244 installed without any problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524244 installed without any problem: My PC is an HP All-in-one 22-C0000NL running Windows 10 v.1909. The update KB4524244 is installed and I have no problem at all. Shall I uninstall that update ? Thanks. Giovanni...
  3. KB4524244

KB4524244: I have the update but I have some funny things going on so I tried to uninstall it but I keep getting this message: An error has occurred. Not all updates were successfully uninstalled. What's next?...
  4. KB4524244,

KB4524244,: should I uninstall this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4524244/7867b878-cbb9-4ba5-ad9a-9f42cac10294
  5. Don't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Don't install: Hello comunity hub! I am just making this post, because to telll anyone thinking of clicking on a ad, on msn portal, i have had nightmare time first a virus then difficult allthe way, till i had to do a systen restore. The ad was called driver update it came with loads of...
  6. you don't like Cortana?

in Cortana
    you don't like Cortana?: we all know we can't uninstall cortana However you can suspended her [ATTACH] How you can stop cortana to consume valuable resources you can use for gaming or others more important things? well I use A new version of O&O ShutUp10 and Voilà cortana stop waste my...
  7. Don't have Office installed...but Setup is running in background??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Don't have Office installed...but Setup is running in background??: I don't plan on having Office on my PC in the near future--the program is called "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run" and it's eating up some of the PC usage. How do I prevent this from running or just getting rid of it? 122813
  8. Don't have Office installed...but Setup is running in background??

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have Office installed...but Setup is running in background??: I don't plan on having Office on my PC in the near future--the program is called "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run" and it's eating up some of the PC usage. How do I prevent this from running or just getting rid of it? 122813
  9. Now you see it, Now you don't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Now you see it, Now you don't: For a while I could see all computers on my home network and could access the shared drives on them, and also print to the network printer which is hard wired to one of the desktops. . Then something happened. Now only the Windows 7 machines show up under "Computers" - all...
  10. Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup: I know to click on 'more info' so I can tell it to install software I have purchased. Is this part of the user controls, and how do I get the computer to stop doing this ? The 'Don't Run' window isn't showing up for all software being blocked. Thanks ! 44156