Windows 10: PSA: Don’t put your lightning cables into your USB ports

Discus and support PSA: Don’t put your lightning cables into your USB ports in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to see what happens if a lightning cable (a cable to charge an iPhone) is plugged in via the Lightning connector rather than the USB end. Upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Single_Yesterday2662, May 9, 2022.

1. PSA: Don’t put your lightning cables into your USB ports

I tried to see what happens if a lightning cable (a cable to charge an iPhone) is plugged in via the Lightning connector rather than the USB end.

Upon doing that the computer got killed by the cable. On the first restart it gave me a BSOD before booting up completely.

Then I wanted to see if I could get it to occur again so I did the exact same thing and tried to see what would kill it. It’s the bottom area where some metal is exposed that allows the cable to kill the computer but it never Blue screened upon that restart. Not to mention it can kill your lightning cable

submitted by /u/Single_Yesterday2662
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Single_Yesterday2662, May 9, 2022
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

PSA: Don’t put your lightning cables into your USB ports [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 9, 2022
  3. jmcslob Win User
    PSA: Don't update your Gigabyte AM4 motherboard BIOSes.

Yeah... I had an intel b250m-UD3 go...
    I think I may have posted this PSA on the GN thread but not here...

At least they are doing a one step RMA...

It's not just AMD boards.

jmcslob, May 9, 2022
  4. PSA: Don’t put your lightning cables into your USB ports

USB Port not working

PremedWinner932, May 9, 2022
Thema:

PSA: Don’t put your lightning cables into your USB ports

1. PSA: Don’t put your lightning cables into your USB ports - Similar Threads - PSA Don’t put

2. What happens to your OEM Key if you don’t use your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to your OEM Key if you don’t use your PC: Just a curious question. I always thought if your decorating if you’re to package your PC away safe you would lose your license is this true. I know this happens with retail license key after 180 days I was just wondering can this happen with OEM License Key and if so how...
  3. What happens to your OEM Key if you don’t use your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to your OEM Key if you don’t use your PC: Just a curious question. I always thought if your decorating if you’re to package your PC away safe you would lose your license is this true. I know this happens with retail license key after 180 days I was just wondering can this happen with OEM License Key and if so how...
  4. How to put your monitor as your main screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put your monitor as your main screen.: I'm trying to transfer my laptop screen to my monitor and use my monitor as the main screen with my laptop turned off. How do I do that, I searched it up and it wasn't that helpful....
  5. How to put your monitor as your main screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put your monitor as your main screen.: I'm trying to transfer my laptop screen to my monitor and use my monitor as the main screen with my laptop turned off. How do I do that, I searched it up and it wasn't that helpful....
  6. PSA: If your file explorer is slow, your drive is failing. Backup asap.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: If your file explorer is slow, your drive is failing. Backup asap.: I noticed that when I clicked on folders, it took longer than usual for the list to get populated. Usually, it's instant. But I could see the green line gradually filling up in the address bar, when changing folders. My drive isn't fully dead yet so I'm copying the files to...
  7. Lightning to USB adapter for headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lightning to USB adapter for headphones: [ATTACH] Hello I want to use my EarPods (lightning version) with my win 10 laptop. So I found that adapter. And here's my question, will it work? https://preview.redd.it/cyvynok8q3f61.png?width=482&format=png&auto=webp&s=b2fad44f71791734a32d01727cb155b825a7603b...
  8. Assign COMM port number to USB port with USB to straight-through serial port adapter cable...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Assign COMM port number to USB port with USB to straight-through serial port adapter cable...: My OS is Windows 10, running on a Lenovo laptop with no serial ports, and I need to communicate with a lab instrument via its serial RS-232 port. The instrument manufacturer has informed me that a simple straight-through serial NOT null-modem connection is required, so I...
  9. USB port to Parallel cable not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port to Parallel cable not recognized: My Epson printer had been working with an Epson Dot matrix printer using a Gagawire USP to Parallel cable but recent updates have cause this to not be recognized or a drive found. This is needed to print multipart invoices. I had been using with W10 and had not been having...
  10. USB ports don’t work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ports don’t work: After the last update to version 1803 my USB ports get inactivated. I have a mouse plugged in the USB port. Help me, please. I cannot work without a mouse....