Windows 10: PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users.

Discus and support PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So today my system did a scan while I was away and was giving me the "Your PC cant be scanned error." So I typed in the definition on Google and this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheRedBatman89, Mar 19, 2019.

1. PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users.

So today my system did a scan while I was away and was giving me the "Your PC cant be scanned error." So I typed in the definition on Google and this came up.

Windows 7, 8, 8.1 Windows Defender und Security Essentials mit Problemen (19.03.) [Update]
    Translate it^

Basically this will keep happening till new definitions come out so it's Microsoft's end, not yours. If you have 10 your fine.

Also on the Unofficial Forums.

https://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/418900-security-essentials-problem.html

* Moved from Windows 7

:)

TheRedBatman89, Mar 19, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Weird same batch of steps I have. Mine however was fixing the issue for windows 8 users *Laugh :laugh:

cdawall, Mar 19, 2019
  3. latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0

Anyone having issue with the latest defender definition, it is stuck downloading at 0 percent for about 20 mins now. I rebooted and tried again, it found the update but still sticks on downloading

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.285.432.0)

.423 and .426 both earlier today downloaded and installed fine. Not sure if it is a duff definition update or MS servers are at fault

Tried a manual check for updates on the defender app/portal but they just endlessly says checking for updates

Scottyboy99, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Mooly Win User

PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users.

latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0

Windows Update still hasn't successfully updated Defender, however by chance I spotted that Defender itself reports as having updated today.

PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users. [​IMG]

PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users. [​IMG]

Mooly, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users.

1. PSA Latest Windows Defender Definition Causing Issues 1.289.1521.0 for 7 and 8.1 users. - Similar Threads - PSA Latest Defender

2. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  3. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  4. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020: Usually this updates daily. Just checked for updates and none were available but the latest showing is February 8, several days ago. Has it stopped updating daily? Also, there are a total of 51 Defender updates showing with the last being February 8....
  7. latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0

latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0: Anyone having issue with the latest defender definition, it is stuck downloading at 0 percent for about 20 mins now. I rebooted and tried again, it found the update but still sticks on downloading Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition...
  8. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1 0 Reset recovery: Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I had also phone calls telling me the same. it warned me not to exit the screen, go to another site etc. or all would be...
  9. Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.

Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.: Bit of a strange one here, for the past 3 days I have not been unable to update to the latest definitions whether it be through Windows Update, Windows Defender, manual updates or through using a command prompt. The latest definition I had was 1.271.815.0 on 11th July....
  10. Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.

Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.: Bit of a strange one here, for the past 3 days I have not been unable to update to the latest definitions whether it be through Windows Update, Windows Defender, manual updates or through using a command prompt. The latest definition I had was 1.271.815.0 on 11th July....