Windows 10: PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC

Discus and support PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just a heads up, if you're considering buying Mafia 3 on PC, be aware that it's currently capped at 30 FPS on PC regardless of your hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by blackroseMD1, Oct 5, 2016.

1. PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC

Just a heads up, if you're considering buying Mafia 3 on PC, be aware that it's currently capped at 30 FPS on PC regardless of your hardware capability.

http://www.pcgamer.com/mafia-3-appea...o-30fps-on-pc/

YouTuber TotalBiscuit says he's been in touch with 2K and they've verified that it does have a 30 FPS cap, but that improvements are "coming soon".

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date[/quote]

A 30 FPS cap for a AAA PC game is ridiculous in this day and age, and it's making me seriously consider cancelling my pre-order.

Edit: 2K's official statement:

Edit 2: Looks like a patch that will add 60 FPS and Unlimited FPS options may drop this weekend.

blackroseMD1, Oct 5, 2016
  2. XenGlaris Win User

How to disable Game DVR if your "Hardware doesn't meet requirements"

First, "PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for Game DVR".

But, FPS in-game is 30, locked by Game DVR.

People told me by disable the Game DVR.

But, the Game DVR option is greyed out because of "PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for Game DVR".

Is this intended for Microsoft by telling me to buy a new pc/laptop?

XenGlaris, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Suman B. Win User
    Can I go back to a previous build of Windows 10 after 40 days?

Can I go back to a previous build of Windows 10 after 40 days?

My PC is not able to handle even low graphics games after Build 1607 update. This issue I found out after the rollback time had elapsed.

GTA San Andreas- Build 1511: 25-30 fps Build 1607: <6 fps

Asphalt 8 Airborne- Build 1511: 25-30 fps Build 1607: 4-5 fps

I feel quite dizzy after playing games on my PC for 30 minutes.

PLEASE HELP.

Suman B., Oct 5, 2016
  4. PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC

Maybe people should also consider if the game will be stable at more than 30 FPS?

Take GTA games that used RenderWare for example, the game will act like weird on 40+ FPS while works smooth on 30 FPS.

But still if the devs at 2k already tested that game at more than 30 FPS then there's no reason to lock it up unless they've seen a bug.

RoasterMen, Oct 6, 2016
  5. CMARKEY Win User
    This could be down to your in game settings locked it at that

CMARKEY, Nov 8, 2016
  6. Nah, it shipped with a 30 FPS lock, but 2K has released a patch since then that removed it. You now have 30 FPS, 60 FPS and Unlimited options.

blackroseMD1, Nov 8, 2016
  7. CMARKEY Win User
    Good good

CMARKEY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC

1. PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC - Similar Threads - PSA Mafia currently

2. The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP: I set this parameter https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/remote/frame-rate-limited-to-30-fps, rebooted the computer, but the limit was not removed from 30 fps, it seems to me something went wrong with the update...
  3. The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP: I set this parameter https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/remote/frame-rate-limited-to-30-fps, rebooted the computer, but the limit was not removed from 30 fps, it seems to me something went wrong with the update...
  4. 30 FPS drop after Windows11 upgrade, locked at 60FPS!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 FPS drop after Windows11 upgrade, locked at 60FPS!: Hopefully someone has an answer to problem, I finally took the bait and upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and knew I would regret it, and so far, it has proved true. I am running a system with CPU- AMD Ryzen 5800X3D GPU- GeForce RTX 3080Ti updated to latest drives Jan 24th...
  5. 30 FPS drop after Windows11 upgrade, locked at 60FPS!

30 FPS drop after Windows11 upgrade, locked at 60FPS!: Hopefully someone has an answer to problem, I finally took the bait and upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and knew I would regret it, and so far, it has proved true. I am running a system with CPU- AMD Ryzen 5800X3D GPU- GeForce RTX 3080Ti updated to latest drives Jan 24th...
  6. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen: I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz monitor, it looks great and smooth. However, when I put the video into fullscreen mode or simply increase the size of the window,...
  7. Computer Date is 3/30/2082

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Date is 3/30/2082: Today is March 30, 2019, but my computer displays March 30, 2082. Restarting my computer does nothing to fix it, and as most website certificates are not valid up to 2082, there are little websites that I am able to access. How do I get my computer to display 2019 again?...
  8. Video trimming capped at 30 fps

Video trimming capped at 30 fps: Whenever i try to trim a video using Photos, the trimmed one is always capped at 30fps even though the original is 60fps. Is there anyway to increase the cap to 60fps or remove it altogether?...
  9. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...: I initially noticed this issue while playing Warframe the other day. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps depending on what is going on in the game. Switching from Windowed to Fullscreen/Borderless Fullscreen will lower my fps to 30 over a few seconds, switching back to...
  10. Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS: 2 days ago i updated to creator..had to update video drivers,but since then in mostly all games i get that fps drops to 30 for like 10 seconds and goes back to 60..that comes and goes...VERY annoying disabled any win10 "gaming" bull* "Disable fullscreen optimizations"...