Windows 10: PSA: Multiple scrolling improvements have landed in Edge Canary

Discus and support PSA: Multiple scrolling improvements have landed in Edge Canary in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If you activate "Enable Experimental Scrolling" in edge://flags/ , you have new features to test (Canary only). Percent-Based Scrolling is now in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fliflipoune, Oct 29, 2019.

1. PSA: Multiple scrolling improvements have landed in Edge Canary

If you activate "Enable Experimental Scrolling" in edge://flags/ , you have new features to test (Canary only). Percent-Based Scrolling is now in (keyboard+scrollwheel), as the New Fling Animation for touch input is also there.

Here is a confirmation: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/input-dev/VrX5XwXvtNM

Fling Animation : https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1773872 (not submitted in Chromium)

Percent-Based Scrolling: https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1776898

Feels good, especially the new touch input animations. There is a little bit of latency compared to UWP apps, and Chromium as a tendency to drop frames here and there during scrolling compared to Old Edge (and a lot on Intel when a video element is playing, reported bug), but it's really serviceable. I still think it's little off in some cases. Seems less smooth when moving slowly, the max acceleration seems a little lower. But it's good stuff.

When MS really tries, they can do great things, the work they have put in Chromium is pretty great.

submitted by /u/fliflipoune
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fliflipoune, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Time Lady Win User

Edge Canary

Hi, I’m Virginia an independent advisor.

As Edge Canary is still in development it may be wise to mark this as a bug or request this feature for a future update.

Windows key + F will open the feedback app.

Time Lady, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Browser landings are blank

Thank you Abdul_Malik. The browser is Chrome, the issue is when I open Chrome and search for any subject and it lands on The Search Engine Landing page. The search engine landing page is blank until I hit the reload arrow. So far today it is working properly.
    If it works properly throughout today I will mark this as solved, even though I never figured out why it was doing it.

BillCosner, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

PSA: Multiple scrolling improvements have landed in Edge Canary

Callender, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

PSA: Multiple scrolling improvements have landed in Edge Canary

1. PSA: Multiple scrolling improvements have landed in Edge Canary - Similar Threads - PSA Multiple scrolling

2. Chrome’s RAM problem fix for Windows 10 lands in Canary update

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome’s RAM problem fix for Windows 10 lands in Canary update: Google Chrome, which is based on the open-source Chromium platform, offers a fantastic set of features but it does eat up a lot of RAM. Chrome runs a shocking number of memory-hogging processes for each tab, extension and other activities. In 2018, Chrome started using more...
  3. Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Scrolling is one of the most used features on any browser, and Microsoft is rolling out scrolling improvements in Edge. The primary goal is to […] This article Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  4. Scrolling personality improvements in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Scrolling personality improvements in Microsoft Edge: Scrolling is one of the most common user interactions in a browser, and it’s central to how we experience the web.Whether you’re using a touchpad, touch screen, mouse wheel, keyboard, or scroll bars, you want your scrolling experience to be fast and...
  5. Microsoft improves the Aura tooltips in Edge insider Canary.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft improves the Aura tooltips in Edge insider Canary.: [ATTACH] A few months ago, Microsoft added the Aura tooltips to Chromium-based browsers, but the color of those tooltips didn't match the color of Edge's dark mode, today Microsoft has changed the color of those tooltips: Aura tooltips. Aura tooltips. Aura tooltips....
  6. Noises when running Edge Canary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noises when running Edge Canary: I was among the first to join the final customers of the new Edge Chromium in the Canary version. And, the truth is, it's going really well. But, I think we have to highlight what is still wrong, so that it must be improved and made of it, among all, the ultimate browser of...
  7. Edge Canary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Canary: Trying new dev browser ( Is there a specific forum?) ,so I exported tabs, opened it, but there are like 30 of them- isn't there a way to open them all at once to void tedium of one by one ? Btw can't BELIEVE there isn't a option, a field for 'edge ', ''browser','internet '...
  8. New Edge Canary Build

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Canary Build: I have downloaded Edge Canary Build and would like to know with it being in development is it secure to use I have Norton antivirus will this protect me when using browser also I see in settings it shows all your saved passwords and other information which I thought were...
  9. Windows 10 firewall and edge canary

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 firewall and edge canary: Does anyone know why windows defender firewall has to be running for microsoft edge canary to be able to load a show in netflix? Regular microsoft edge and IE can play shows on netflix without windows firewall being enabled. I'm using w10 1903.53 x64 en-us. Just a note: I can...
  10. Chromium Edge for Windows 10 to come with scrolling, media improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium Edge for Windows 10 to come with scrolling, media improvements: Yesterday, Microsoft released Chromium-powered Edge browser for Windows 10. As Microsoft has switched the Edge browser base to Chromium which also powers Chrome, the browser has some of the Chrome features. Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will continue to evolve and the final...