Windows 10: PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives

Discus and support PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since updating to 2004 I have been experiencing severe corruption & chkdsk errors on my parity drives (and only parity) in storage spaces. (See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skiippy, Jun 10, 2020.

1. PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives

Ever since updating to 2004 I have been experiencing severe corruption & chkdsk errors on my parity drives (and only parity) in storage spaces. (See any of my recent post history) I managed to reproduce the corruption on a new pool, with a new set of disks, with a new set of SATA controllers, but I've been assuming I must have some other kind of hardware failure instead.

However, I just got a confirmation from another user that they are also seeing these errors, also on parity specifically, also right after upgrading to 2004:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...seeing_storage_spaces_issues_in_2004/ftll0rv/

I'm still having a hard time believing that there's not something wrong with my system and that the corruption bug is real.... but you may want to be aware if you are using parity drives yourself.

submitted by /u/skiippy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skiippy, Jun 10, 2020
  2. gknorm Win User

Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Many thanks, muchomurka!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, following your suggested procedure it appears the Storage Spaces parity error persists.

PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

gknorm, Jun 14, 2020
  3. gknorm Win User

Hi: I'm a newbie here... using an OWC Thunderbay 6 DAS with Thunderbolt 3 for video/photo files using (Win 10 Home) Storage Spaces for the past 6 weeks without problems. Using Parity option in Storage Spaces to emulate RAID 5 protection.

Today, got Parity Error in Manage Storage Spaces, though all 6 drives show "OK". Both Hard Disk Sentinel and CrystaDiskInfo also show normal drives. No pertinent drive events in Event Viewer.

From reading other posts from folks with Storage Spaces issues, I'm inclined to "repair" this parity error if possible, and then consider migrating to DrivePool to avoid repetition or other future issues with SS. Can anyone walk me through how to do a parity repair?

If not doable, then can someone detail a step-by-step process for migrating my 24Tb currently on Storage Spaces to Drivepool? Many thanks!

gknorm, Jun 14, 2020
  4. gknorm Win User

PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives

After following your suggestion above, here is result:

PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives [​IMG]

gknorm, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives

1. PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives - Similar Threads - PSA 2004 may

2. Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 version 2004 faced the issue where accessing Parity Storage Spaces was a problem. Microsoft suggested making the storage space as Read-only, so the […] This article Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10 first...
  3. Windows 10 2004 bugs: Here's Microsoft's workaround for Storage Spaces file corruption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 bugs: Here's Microsoft's workaround for Storage Spaces file corruption: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dirk414 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hklgpb/windows_10_2004_bugs_heres_microsofts_workaround/
  4. Storage Space - Simple Resiliency Volume corrupted by Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Space - Simple Resiliency Volume corrupted by Windows 10 2004 update: Dear Community, I recently updated my Windows 10 Enterprise to version 2004 build 19041.329. Since then, my storage space volume is broken my volume is unreadable and displayed as RAW. This problem has been reported here:...
  5. Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption: I'm seeing two minor issues in storage spaces, these seem to be common and aren't causing any real issues: Defrag/Retrim bug: lots of posts about this one, on one drive with lots of free space I'm seeing retrim take over an hour Storage spaces UI is borked with 0x00000057...
  6. Storage Spaces Parity

Storage Spaces Parity: Hi all, I use Windows Storage Spaces with 6 1TB drives. Using a parity setup The issue I am seeing is that when I first start copying/moving files to or from the volumes, the speeds are what I would expect approx 250-500MB/s but within around 10 seconds, the speeds drop...
  7. Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Parity Repair?: Hi: I'm a newbie here... using an OWC Thunderbay 6 DAS with Thunderbolt 3 for video/photo files using (Win 10 Home) Storage Spaces for the past 6 weeks without problems. Using Parity option in Storage Spaces to emulate RAID 5 protection. Today, got Parity Error in Manage...
  8. Storage spaces, parity, and adding an additional drive

Storage spaces, parity, and adding an additional drive: I have been running storage spaces on my Win10 computer for quite some time now (and am happy with it, even when I lost a drive it recovered nicely). It worked without being annoyingly overcomplicated, and I really just needed slow, safe space. My setup: 3x hard drives, the...
  9. Storage Space - Parity ( RAID5) - Lost data on creation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Space - Parity ( RAID5) - Lost data on creation: Hello...this is confusing. I installed Windows 10, upgrading from Windows 7. It went fine. Nothing of note in Windows.old. I wanted to utilise W10 Storage Pool RAID 5 Parity option for data security. I backed up the static data from my 3 x 1.5 TB disks onto a large...
  10. Create a storage space with parity redundancy in a USB enclosure?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a storage space with parity redundancy in a USB enclosure?: Hello, how are you? I am wanting to create a storage pool with parity redundancy in windows 10 storage spaces with 3 drives. 2 for data and one for parity. I will be wanting to be able to later expand the pool by adding more data drives as the storage needs increase. To...