Windows 10: PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues

Discus and support PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Installed this update after not using pc for months. From a cold start, i hit power button. Motherboard lights up, mouse, kb, headphones all light up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Siyksoul, Jun 7, 2020.

1. PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues

Installed this update after not using pc for months.

From a cold start, i hit power button. Motherboard lights up, mouse, kb, headphones all light up and get power. But i remain at a black no signal screen. Takes literally 3-5minutes just to post.

My pc usually takes seconds to go from a cold start to desktop. Maybe 15 seconds on a bad day.

I uninstalled this update. Restarted. Shut down. And powered up.

Started from off to desktop within seconds again. Not sure what the issue is but if anyone is having issues starting up or posting. Try to uninstall this update.

Specs:

MB: asustek h110m-a/m.2

Cpu: i3 6100

Gpu: gtx 970

Memory: 8gb 2133

Storage: 500gb ssd

submitted by /u/Siyksoul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Siyksoul, Jun 7, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

PSA: Don't update your Gigabyte AM4 motherboard BIOSes.

Yeah... I had an intel b250m-UD3 go...
    I think I may have posted this PSA on the GN thread but not here...

At least they are doing a one step RMA...

It's not just AMD boards.

jmcslob, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Kb3140741 updates Causing issues working on the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which is the update which is causing your PC issues?
    • What .Net error are you getting?
    • What happens when you login to Safe mode with networking?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check how to uninstall and update.

• Press Start and type View installed updates.
    • Select the update and right click on it, Select Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 7, 2020
  4. PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues

post update issues windows10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. If you are still facing the issue please follow the steps and check:

Hardware troubleshooter checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows key + W Key.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices to run the default troubleshooter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues

1. PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues - Similar Threads - PSA windows10 update

2. KB4556799 UPDATE ISSUE data loss NOT RESOLVED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4556799 UPDATE ISSUE data loss NOT RESOLVED: Hi, since a few days having received an automatically loaded WINDOWS 10 update KB4556799 we immediately got a blue screen and "lost" our data. We tried to uninstall this update unsuccessfully since it is automatically reinstalled when the computer is restarted and the same...
  3. KB4556799 issue and bugs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4556799 issue and bugs: Had read that KB4556799 has issues and bugs. Latest Windows 10 Updates Breaks Wireless LTE Connectivity Windows 10 update is wrecking laptops — now Microsoft is investigating | Laptop Mag Windows 10 Warning: Users Hit By Serious New Failure Nasty Windows 10 update is...
  4. Update KB4556799

Update KB4556799: I read that this was a corrupt update with lots of problems. I tried to uninstall it but after I did and had to restart my computer it checked for updates and then installed again!! How do you get rid of it?...
  5. Update KB4556799

Update KB4556799: I have read that this update is not safe for my computer, as it has all kinds of problems . Blue Screen , Internet loss , WI FI loss. and some other issues. Does anyone else know of these issues or Problems? And if so ,how do I block the Auto update for this one?...
  6. Windows 10 KB4556799 causes BSOD and network issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4556799 causes BSOD and network issues: Windows 10 KB4556799 is causing a host of new problems for some configurations. In addition to audio issues, temporary user profile and FPS drops, Windows 10’s latest cumulative update is also causing Blue Screen of Death, crashes, and network issues for some users. As often...
  7. MS Update KB4556799

MS Update KB4556799: I'm trying to delete Update KB4556799 due to computer problems. Once I uninstall this update, the program asks me to restart. During the restart, KB4556799 reinstalls itself. How can I get rid of update KB4556799?...
  8. Windows update KB4556799

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update KB4556799: This recent update has caused my screen to flicker black and spike to 100% gpu usage every second or so. I have uninstalled the update and even reinstalled my drivers with no fix. This has never happened to me prior and only does it on one windows profile main profile....
  9. Issues after KB4556799 and KB4552931 updates

Issues after KB4556799 and KB4552931 updates: At first I noticed the windows search bar on my taskbar won't work. I can't even click on it to type and search, but I thought it was some sort of bug. Then I tried to take a printscreen using win+shift+S and my computer froze. Cursor was still responsive to movement, but I...
  10. KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.

KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.: KB4556799 installed on my machine last night at the end of the day. After installation, I had pretty severe impacts to FPS in Destiny 2, seeing frames drop from a norm of 100-120 down to below 60 in some instances. I have uninstalled the update and paused updates for the...
Tags: