Windows 10: PSD file format support

Discus and support PSD file format support in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi you know this file format PSD is very important for Photoshopers, so please support it. thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sina.M, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Sina.M Win User

PSD file format support

hi

you know this file format PSD is very important for Photoshopers, so please support it.

thanks

:)

Sina.M, Aug 26, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Open a PSD file

Hi Sandy,

Right click on any psd file, choose 'Open With' - choose another app

Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open psd files'

Scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

If PS Express still does not appear in the list, scroll to the bottom and choose 'Look for another app on this PC'

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Find the PS Express executable and choose that

This should set the files association on the psd files for you

DaveM121, Aug 26, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 26, 2020
  4. PSD file format support

Open a PSD file

Windows 10. I'm using the Set Default Programs item from the Default Programs control panel item to set the default associations for certain file types (you get a list of possible associations for the selected
    program from which you can pick whichever associations you want).

However, the list seems rather short compared to all the programs I have installed and somewhat arbitrary. I need to open .psd file using adobe photoshop express, but it does not appear on the list. The
    default program assigned is Paint- which is unable to open the file type. The only program option it gives me are Internet Explorer, Epson Monitor (related to my printer) or search windows store (which is a useless option). Where do I go from here?

SandyHarris1, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

PSD file format support

1. PSD file format support - Similar Threads - PSD file format

2. File Format Is Not Supported Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Format Is Not Supported Error: I uploaded some JPEG photos from my iPhone to the new Microsoft photos. Microsoft photos will not open them - I get a message that the file format is not supported. This did not happen to all the JPEG files. What is going on?...
  3. File Format Is Not Supported Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Format Is Not Supported Error: I uploaded some JPEG photos from my iPhone to the new Microsoft photos. Microsoft photos will not open them - I get a message that the file format is not supported. This did not happen to all the JPEG files. What is going on?...
  4. .psd files won’t display as thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .psd files won’t display as thumbnails: I’m looking for an app that will display .psd files as thumbnails in File Explorer. I installed Sagethumbs to do this but I didn’t have a positive result. Some files displayed and done did not. Additionally, my .ai files are now without their branded Adobe icons. Looking for...
  5. .psd files won’t display as thumbnails

.psd files won’t display as thumbnails: I’m looking for an app that will display .psd files as thumbnails in File Explorer. I installed Sagethumbs to do this but I didn’t have a positive result. Some files displayed and done did not. Additionally, my .ai files are now without their branded Adobe icons. Looking for...
  6. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  7. Gray Rectangle on psd files

Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  8. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. PNG and .wav is not a supported file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG and .wav is not a supported file format: I'm trying to open PNG files from two CD based games from 2009-10, but they won't open, and show up on Photos as an unsupported file format. I did check to see if they are real PNGs and they are not, they are data files. They are both made by the same developer, and both...
  10. PNG and .wav is not a supported file format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG and .wav is not a supported file format: I'm trying to open PNG files from two CD based games from 2009-10, but they won't open, and show up on Photos as an unsupported file format. I did check to see if they are real PNGs and they are not, they are data files. They are both made by the same developer, and both...