Windows 10: PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error

Discus and support PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, While running PsExec.exe in a Windows 10 64 bit system, throws "Access Denied" error Where as PsExec64.exe launches fine. Event logs shows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Siddharthan1984, Nov 25, 2019.

1. PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error

Hi,

While running PsExec.exe in a Windows 10 64 bit system, throws "Access Denied" error

Where as PsExec64.exe launches fine.

Event logs shows the following error,

Activation context generation failed for "D:\2019\PsExec.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "D:\2019\PsExec.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

FYI,

Its just a executing a command without any parameters.

Please help on this error.

Thanks

:)

Siddharthan1984, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Radney Dri, Nov 25, 2019
  3. gatorback Win User
    psexec: "Access is denied" (Win10 =>XP)

GOAL

Attempting to access XP_BOX on the LAN from a Windows 10 box:

CONFIGURATION

PsExec v2.2 installed on Win10 from Microsoft

OBSERVATION:

UPDATE TO OBSERVATION

Observed successful console-redirection: ran the XP_BOX command prompt on the Win10 box as if the command prompt were running locally

Interestingly enough: I could not list directories of 'net use' configured drives: a question for another thread.

Succesfully returned the ipconfig command:

WHAT HAS BEEN TRIED

I am able to share out a folder from the XP_BOX

I have verified that XP_BOX resolves to a LAN ip address via ping.

I have tried this command with the XP_BOX off and it hangs (expected because of no response from XP_BOX).

I have tried the secpol update procedure on the XP_BOX:

Navigate to

Set the policy "Network Access: Sharing and security model for local accounts" to (Just hit OK: Don't close this out as we will be changing it back).

Open a command box and run (Dont close this either)

Go back and set the policy "Network Access: Sharing and security model for local accounts" back to

Again run

Test from Win10 box

Reboot

Test from Win10 box

QUESTIONS

If you have had success sending psexec command from a WIN10 to an XP box please state this in your response. Because there are many versions of Windows, it is important to frame any comments so as to understand the context.

1. What can be done to diagnose the root-cause of the error message?
    2. What corrective action can be tested?
    3. Is it possible to run psexec from win10 to an XP box?

gatorback, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error

1. PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error - Similar Threads - PsExec launch throws

2. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  3. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  4. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SoftwareProtectionPlatform continues to throw Access Denied

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SoftwareProtectionPlatform continues to throw Access Denied: Short version:I ensured that NETWORK SERVICE had full access instead of the standard Read only access that it had by default to the directories and registry keys as suggested in multiple forums.I also reinstalled Windows, and that did not help.Any further suggestions on what...
  6. Error Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Access Denied: I opened my computer to see my discord just grey and tried to end it and it didn't work. I then went into task manager and it still didn't work saying access denied. I didn't know what to do so i opened discord again and it worked fine but the other one was still there. It...
  7. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  8. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  9. Psexec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Psexec: Anyone had luck installing psexec on Win10? Having trouble. Not sure if they environmental variables are correct. 105767
  10. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied error: I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the administrator's access. after applying, I lost my access to the whole drive. I tried to add the removed users's accesses to that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. psexec access denied windows 10