Windows 10: PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

Discus and support PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! I have been using PSP since before it was Corel, updating as I went along. Last summer I moved onto 2019 version and an HP Envy laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nicholas1935, Oct 5, 2019.

1. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

Hello Everyone!
    I have been using PSP since before it was Corel, updating as I went along. Last summer I moved onto 2019 version and an HP Envy laptop with 16gb and Windows 10 64 bit. From first I got a problem. After using and closing down PSP , when next clicked on the icon to start it again it just blinked. The only way to start it again was by restarting rhe the computer. Have tried everything I could think of, re-installed PSP, twice and on advice from customer service went through a complete restoring to basic configuration aand deleting/restoring the settings file. Also reinst alled Windows 10, which since has gone several updates. Nothing made any difference. Any one else had/has this problem? No other programme behaves in any abnormall way on the computer.

:)

nicholas1935, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 5, 2019
  4. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

Dead PSP?

I tried this, but nothing worked:

Step1) Remove the battery from the left side of the PSP while it is still on. The unit will power down instantly. Wait ten seconds and then replace the battery.

Step 2) Press both clear shoulder buttons at the top of the PSP and keep them held while the PSP reboots. A "Recovery" mode will be initiated.

Step 3) Press down on the control pad to locate a "recovery" folder. This will contain all of your PSP content, including games, music, videos and podcasts that are saved on the device. Highlight this folder and press the "X" button to begin reinstalling your content.

Monitor remained with no backlight same as before.

Edit: I'll try updating the firmware tomorrow I get my card-reader.
    Unless it needs to be able to be powered up to update the firmware... I have no idea.

Black Panther, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

1. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started - Similar Threads - PSP fails restart

2. Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates,: Every day and sometimes twice a day my computer restarts itself with no warning and I am getting really pi**ed with it, sometimes I get a warling to say its restarting but for the major part nothing shows it just shuts down, I have done everything that microsoft suggested and...
  3. Computer freezes with grinding noise and then restart itself

Computer freezes with grinding noise and then restart itself: Hi guys, I've got a problem that's preventing me from playing and I'm kind of starting feeling a little desperate now, so I need expert help Basically while playing (doesn't matter the game, it happened both with MTG:Arena and Path of Exile) the machine will freeze at random...
  4. Start Menu resets itself every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  5. The computer restarts itself

The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...
  6. No internet connection unless computer restart after initial startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection unless computer restart after initial startup: The concern is when the user logs in for the first time in the A.M. to start the day in office; the internet icon shows internet access, but when tries to browse or access Outlook for emails. Browser ends up with the error “This Site can’t provide a secure connection – sent...
  7. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?: Anyone can tell me what this is, once In a while my computer just crashes or shows this screen then restarts itself. Please view the video link: dell problem - YouTube edit: suggest category/unsure 62146
  8. Name resolution failing unless network adapter is re-installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Name resolution failing unless network adapter is re-installed: Something is amiss with networking name resolution on my desktop PC. I frequently use Windows Explorer to access other Windows PCs on my home network, by computer name. I also occasionally use a VPN client on this PC. After disconnecting from the VPN client, I'll oftentimes...
  9. Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?: My computer would occasionally make a short buzz sound (1/2 second), then get a blue screen and restarts. I took everything apart and found my video card, Nvida GeForce GTX 660, to be full of dust. I took it apart and cleaned it. Now, I want to know if it is fixed, and I'll...
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...