Windows 10: PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

Discus and support PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! I have been using PSP since before it was Corel, updating as I went along. Last summer I moved onto 2019 version and an HP Envy laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nicholas1935, Oct 5, 2019.

1. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

Hello Everyone!
    I have been using PSP since before it was Corel, updating as I went along. Last summer I moved onto 2019 version and an HP Envy laptop with 16gb and Windows 10 64 bit. From first I got a problem. After using and closing down PSP , when next clicked on the icon to start it again it just blinked. The only way to start it again was by restarting rhe the computer. Have tried everything I could think of, re-installed PSP, twice and on advice from customer service went through a complete restoring to basic configuration aand deleting/restoring the settings file. Also reinst alled Windows 10, which since has gone several updates. Nothing made any difference. Any one else had/has this problem? No other programme behaves in any abnormall way on the computer.

:)

nicholas1935, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 5, 2019
  4. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

Dead PSP?

I tried this, but nothing worked:

Step1) Remove the battery from the left side of the PSP while it is still on. The unit will power down instantly. Wait ten seconds and then replace the battery.

Step 2) Press both clear shoulder buttons at the top of the PSP and keep them held while the PSP reboots. A "Recovery" mode will be initiated.

Step 3) Press down on the control pad to locate a "recovery" folder. This will contain all of your PSP content, including games, music, videos and podcasts that are saved on the device. Highlight this folder and press the "X" button to begin reinstalling your content.

Monitor remained with no backlight same as before.

Edit: I'll try updating the firmware tomorrow I get my card-reader.
    Unless it needs to be able to be powered up to update the firmware... I have no idea.

Black Panther, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

1. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started - Similar Threads - PSP fails restart

2. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer starts by itself.: My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my computer. To many to list. This time when it started, I checked event viewer to see what started my computer. I found this...
  3. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer starts by itself.: My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my computer. To many to list. This time when it started, I checked event viewer to see what started my computer. I found this...
  4. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation: Specs:Asus ROG strix B350-F GamingAMD Ryzen 7 1700xSamsung M2 ssdNox Urano 850w2x8gb Hyper Fury 3200hzThe issue im having began when my first ssd stopped working and i got a blue screen showing that there was no drive connected to the build. After that i got the samsung m2...
  6. Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc restarts by itself at the start of Windows installation: Specs:Asus ROG strix B350-F GamingAMD Ryzen 7 1700xSamsung M2 ssdNox Urano 850w2x8gb Hyper Fury 3200hzThe issue im having began when my first ssd stopped working and i got a blue screen showing that there was no drive connected to the build. After that i got the samsung m2...
  7. Computer experiencing BSOD and restarting itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer experiencing BSOD and restarting itself.: Error 1A couple weeks back I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 on my MacBook pro through Bootcamp Assistant. I downloaded some software for my work such as: Autocad, Sketchup, Vray, WinRAR, Foxit PhantomPDF, CCleaner and Microsoft 365. Ever since then my PC has been...
  8. My computer restart by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restart by itself.: I work at my pc on a daily basis, usually working with mozila firefox, when suddenly the screen go black and the manufactures logo Lenovo come up. The computer become in the throws of a self induced restart. I'm using Windows 10 Home . Why does it restart by itself? How...
  9. The computer restarts itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...
  10. Name resolution failing unless network adapter is re-installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Name resolution failing unless network adapter is re-installed: Something is amiss with networking name resolution on my desktop PC. I frequently use Windows Explorer to access other Windows PCs on my home network, by computer name. I also occasionally use a VPN client on this PC. After disconnecting from the VPN client, I'll oftentimes...