Windows 10: PST files.

Discus and support PST files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeAntal, Oct 10, 2019.

1. JoeAntal Win User

PST files.

Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app?

:)

JoeAntal, Oct 10, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Oct 10, 2019
  3. marcbkk Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

Thanks again everyone. I just did an export on the troubled PST file to create a new PST file from it and the file size went from 3.9GB down to 850MB. Then I installed the new PST file into Outlook that I just created and removed the old PST file from Outlook and all seems to be working fine so far. I think I am good now, but I will give it some time just to make sure there are no problems before I delete the old file. Thanks again.

marcbkk, Oct 10, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

PST files.

PST Outlook file backup fails

Hello Manuel,

Using a 3rd party software may sometimes cause errors due to compatibility issues. We suggest that you try backing up your PST files using the steps provided on this article:
    How to manage .pst files in Microsoft Outlook and refer to the section
    How to make a backup copy of a .pst file.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

PST files.

1. PST files. - Similar Threads - PST files

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. Onedrive moved my pst files, now I cannot restore them to local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive moved my pst files, now I cannot restore them to local: I decided to sync Onedrive, other than just manually keeping some files there. HUGE MISTAKE. The first issue is that my desktop no longer loaded properly, so I had to manually move all of my desktop data out of Onedrive control by right click / properties / location tab,...
  5. Onedrive moved my pst files, now I cannot restore them to local

Onedrive moved my pst files, now I cannot restore them to local: I decided to sync Onedrive, other than just manually keeping some files there. HUGE MISTAKE. The first issue is that my desktop no longer loaded properly, so I had to manually move all of my desktop data out of Onedrive control by right click / properties / location tab,...
  6. How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?: I have a PST file that I need to access in my Windows Live Mail account. Is there any secure option to move the data file to my WLM mailbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-pst-file-to-windows-live-mail/8b3a4112-f71a-4b9c-9886-6f35060bfe79
  7. How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?

How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?: I have a PST file that I need to access in my Windows Live Mail account. Is there any secure option to move the data file to my WLM mailbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-pst-file-to-windows-live-mail/8b3a4112-f71a-4b9c-9886-6f35060bfe79
  8. i have accidentally deleted a large .pst file from Outlook, which is not available in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have accidentally deleted a large .pst file from Outlook, which is not available in...: i have accidentally deleted a large .pst file from Outlook, which is not available in Recycle bin. Any possibility to retrieve the data..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-deleted-a-large-pst-file-from/01b44a3b-fb8b-4ce2-bedd-aca716fb7e62
  9. i have accidentally deleted a large .pst file from Outlook, which is not available in...

i have accidentally deleted a large .pst file from Outlook, which is not available in...: i have accidentally deleted a large .pst file from Outlook, which is not available in Recycle bin. Any possibility to retrieve the data..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-deleted-a-large-pst-file-from/01b44a3b-fb8b-4ce2-bedd-aca716fb7e62
  10. i have accidentally deleted a large .pst file from Outlook, which is not available in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade