Windows 10: PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable?

Discus and support PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all. I have recently been in receipt of a gtx 1070, a nice little upgrade over my gtx 660 ( I know, but it works well ). Upon installation, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farrellart, Jul 7, 2020.

1. PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable?

Hey all.

I have recently been in receipt of a gtx 1070, a nice little upgrade over my gtx 660 ( I know, but it works well ).

Upon installation, I realised I only have a 6pin to 6pin PCIe on my 850W CoolerMaster PSU ( Cooler Master Real Power M850 RS-850-ESBA ), which is now about 12 years old. Along the way, I have lost my CoolerMaster 8 pin PCIe cable which I need for the gtx 1070. In my studio, I know I have a 6+2pin PCIe cable that belongs to a Corsair CX750 ( I think its a CX ).

Are PCIe modular cables interchangeable between different brands, I remember reading a while back it can be a bit dicey, so thought I would check, get some advice, before trying......Alternatively, would a 6 to 8 pin adapter work just as well?

Thanks in advance.

:)

farrellart, Jul 7, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    [WTB][US]   Silverstone (maybe others) modular PSU cables and a 4870x2 cooler.

Here's a list of some things I'm in need of.

i7 1366 motherboard (already bought 2 used and both are junk)
    i5 1155 motherboard
    Modular cables for a Silverstone PSU (got a deal on a 1kw PSU but need a PCIe cable)
    HD4870 x2 backplate (see pic)

PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable? rhd4870x2_cooler_small-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jul 7, 2020
  4. v12dock Win User

PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable?

Seasonic modular PSU cables

I am looking for replacement Seasonic modular PSU cables. Specifically sata and molex, and I can not find anywhere on the internet to buy them.

v12dock, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable?

1. PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable? - Similar Threads - PSU modular cables

2. Changing SATA 3gb cable with 6gb cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing SATA 3gb cable with 6gb cable: Hello all! I had a very basic question, I was just wondering will there be any issues with simply changing a 3gb sata cable with a 6gb sata cable? My MOBO has 6 Grey sata ports (I think 3gb) and 2 Red sata ports (I think 6gb). I swapped out the 3gb cable with a 6gb cable...
  3. Fatal error: Please Power Down And Connect The Pcie Power Cable ...

Fatal error: Please Power Down And Connect The Pcie Power Cable ...: [[from wife's laptop]] This may seem a bit lengthy but Im attempting to provide sufficient info for troubleshooting on the first go. PROBLEM DESCRIPTION Im experiencing the following fatal error: PLEASE POWER DOWN AND CONNECT THE PCIe POWER CABLE FOR THIS GRAPHICS CARD...
  4. cables

cables: So I have some questions 1. I'm using some pci express slots for more sata ports. does pci express also deliver power the the drive I would be connecting? 2. for rtx 2080 ti, what power cables do I use? 3. also for the other parts of a pc I forgot, what cables would they...
  5. cables

cables: so i have some questions 1. im using some pcie for more sat ports. does pcie also deliver power the the drive i would be connecting? 2. for rtx 2080 ti, what power cables do i use? 3. also for the otehr parts of a pc i forgot, what cables would they use? i know these are...
  6. CABLE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CABLE: HI[IMG] How do i use this cable came with my new tablet no instructions Thank you Also came with a app GPS TEST PLUS i dont know how to use it also Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cable/1357303a-12da-4fa7-b876-a03673c65666
  7. extension cable

in Windows 10 Support
    extension cable: Hello I would like to ask your opinion regarding the purchase of a new extension cable . I've already consulted a video buying guide on but I'd like to know the right model and brand ideal if you've ever been in my place. Thanks in advance for your answers. 139720
  8. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question: What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power...
  9. cables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cables: Hello I have a gateway which has two ports for phone plugs at the top. There is a tan phone (? connector) at the top which plugs in to one of these ports of the gateway and the other gateway port is empty. One phone line runs from this tan device to the wall and the other to...
  10. PSU SATA Cable only (2) | 3 HDD

PSU SATA Cable only (2) | 3 HDD: Hi! Good day! I'm wondering how to use my 3RD HDD. My Generic PSU has only 2 SATA Power Cable. What should I do to be able to use the 3RD one? Is there an extension cables, splitter, etc.? Newbie, 105301