Windows 10: PSU works on one motherboard but not the other

Discus and support PSU works on one motherboard but not the other in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just finished my build. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. Specs are: Intel Core i5 4690k @3.5ghz Silverstone RVZ02 Case Cryorig C7 CPU cooler Crucial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by invictus, Jun 5, 2016.

1. invictus Win User

PSU works on one motherboard but not the other

So I just finished my build. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. Specs are:

So I shutdown my pc lastnight then flipped the psu switch off, this morning take a crack at disassembling the riser card from the pcie slot, reassemble the gpu and riser card again, then go to turn the system on and........ nothing. I disconnect the riser and gpu, disconnect the hd, ram, etc, still nothing. Put the PSU in my old case hook it up to the old motherboard, boots up instantly.
    I should note that the case was open with the motherboard exposed as well as the psu sitting on my desk until i get an sff corsair 450w. Before this i was having trouble with display drivers not working properly on my gpu on this build. The gpu and hd and psu are from my previous build and they all worked together flawlessly. So I am not sure if this is from the psu or the motherboard. I should also note upon powering off the psu I heard a faint buzzing sound.

:)

invictus, Jun 5, 2016

2. Password works on one machine but not on the other

I have 2 machines one running windows 10 the other windows 8. The one running windows 10 ran fine until I started updating the other from 8 to windows 10. Now the other machine keeps saying the password is incorrect even though i can use the same password
    to login to the same Microsoft account on all my other devices. What can i do to fix this?

oorvaskcooper, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Password works on one machine but not on the other

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To make sure I understand, you are facing the issue with the computer which just got upgraded to Windows 10, is that right?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps given by Wasim A in the link below and check if it helps;

Click Here

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need furher assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Make sure the on off switch from the PC case has not got disconnected from the motherboard.

philc43, Jun 6, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
    Buzzing sound could be the fan or if it was not mounted properly this is what it could be to. Seems something was not connected as Philc said. If worked on another PC it shows to be working o.k. and 750W should be enough for that graphics card, watts and amps. Going back to display drivers what was thee exact issue because everything was powering up then ?

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PSU works on one motherboard but not the other - Similar Threads - PSU works motherboard

2. Psu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  3. Psu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  4. PSU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  5. PSU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  6. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One monitor works the other doesn't: Hello everyone, thanks for reading and helping in advance. Yesterday I switched an old psu for the current one, which somehow caused the old monitor, 24" let's go with 24" coz i forgot the brand not to give display. At first I thought I have not fully slotted in the rx550 but...
  7. HP Envy PSU/Motherboard Shorted?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Envy PSU/Motherboard Shorted?: Hello I have a HP ENVY that I use for work and to game sometimes so I decided to buy a GTX 1660 Super for it. Unfortunately the PSU was only 190W so it wasn’t enough to power both the graphics card and the pc itself. So I bought an external 430W PSU and connected it solely to...
  8. GPU doesn't work on only one motherboard

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU doesn't work on only one motherboard: Hi, I recently bought a used computer, A Lenovo Thinkcentre M81 SFF for it's i5 2nd gen to make a gaming pc for my gf. Everything on the pc works fine. I bought a Gpu for it, a Asus r9 370 2gb. I bought a 600w psu for the built. The problem is : The gpu isin't detected by the...
  9. Windows 10 activation problem after changing motherboard and PSU.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation problem after changing motherboard and PSU.: After pressing troubleshoot on the activation tab in settings and clicking on "I changed my hardware recently" I can see my PC, after pressing "This is my the device im using right now" and attempting to activate it fails with "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try...
  10. PSU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PSU: I am wondering if my desktop will be able to run a new GPU because I am looking for a new one so does anyone know if a GTX 1050 can run on an inspiron 3668 because I saw a-lot of controversy some guy said he was and someone else said it wasn't possible so I don't know who to...