Windows 10: PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates

Discus and support PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just wondering if there's anybody out there familiar with the PSWindowsUpdate Module that can help me with my problem? I simply trying to hide a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ahelton, Aug 17, 2017.

1. ahelton Win User

PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates

Just wondering if there's anybody out there familiar with the PSWindowsUpdate Module that can help me with my problem?

I simply trying to hide a few update, but no matter what I try the updates remain visible. Here a couple of screenshots describing my problem:

PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates [​IMG]

PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates [​IMG]

As you can see in the screenshots, I am trying to hide all updates with the word "Visio" in the title. It seems to be hiding a couple of the updates, but no all of them. When I type the following command, Code: Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Visio" -Confirm:$false[/quote] it still doesn't hide KB3101507. I've also tried doing the following, Code: Hide-WUUpdate -KBArticleID KB3101507[/quote] This also fails. No errors of any sort are given.

Any ideas?

:)

ahelton, Aug 17, 2017
  2. Shiv-Nath Win User

How to force update from command promt

Please run the given below commands in PowerShell command line once you open it with Admin rights:

1) Install-Module PSWindowsUpdate

2) Get-WindowsUpdate

3) Install-WindowsUpdate

Shiv-Nath, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 cannot install updates

Have you gotten rid of this issue? - I'm also having this issue - as a workaround I installed powershell module PSWindowsUpdate Manage Windows Update with PowerShell to
    bypass this issue and still get all the updates I wanted...

Ricky Dagevos, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

PSWindowsUpdate works perfectly for me.

That being said, something I noticed in your screenshots, something I have noticed can occasionally cause it not to hide / show certain updates is how you enter the name or KB number in command. Quotation marks seem to be important, as are asterisks; you should use asterisk character if the string is not found at the very beginning of the update name.

You could at least try it. Instead of Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Visio" -Confirm:$false, try Hide-WUUpdate -Title "*Visio*" -Confirm:$false. When entering a KB number instead, put it in quotes: Hide-WUUpdate -KBArticleID "KB3101507".

Not saying this solves your issue, just suggesting that you at least test it.

Related Tutorials Update and Upgrade Windows 10 using PowerShell

5. ahelton Win User
    Thanks, Kari. I will test this out later. I know I tried using "*Visio*" and I think it through some sort of error. I will try it again.

It's weird because it seems to hide some updates, but not all. Using Visio as an example, it hides two of the three listed updates. Wondering if I should try removing the module and re-adding it?

ahelton, Aug 18, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    That is not a bad idea, especially if you have it installed before April 4th when the current updated version was released. IF that's the case you don't even have to remove the old script, just unzip new version to %windir%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules folder overwriting old files.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates - Similar Threads - PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module

2. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  3. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  4. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  6. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  7. RunDLL - "The specified module could not be found."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RunDLL - "The specified module could not be found.": Hello, Every time I start my PC, I get a popup telling me that "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3520 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll". This looks like it's related to a printer that I used to have software for, but nothing shows up when I attempt to...
  8. VBS the specified module could not be found

VBS the specified module could not be found: When I run a VBS file, it says: The specified module could not be found Code: 8007007E The VBS file: set A = CreateObject"WScript.Shell" A.Run "Run.bat",0 It works normally before, until last time the machine booted up with something weird "fixing C drive stage 1"...
  9. Powershell module vmware.powercli not working

Powershell module vmware.powercli not working: I have installed the powercli module in powershell using "install-module -name vmware.powercli"; Version 10.1.1.8827524 along with all the modules: Version Name ------- ---- 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.DeployAutomation 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.ImageBuilder...
  10. Hide powershell scrollbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide powershell scrollbar.: Hello ! I scroll in my powershell using either sihft + arrow keys of pgup and pgdown. How can I disable the scrollbar ? I don't need it. 22940

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com