Windows 10: PUA:Win32/ICBundler out of nowhere from uTorrent.exe

Discus and support PUA:Win32/ICBundler out of nowhere from uTorrent.exe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Detected: PUA:Win32/ICBundler Status: Removed A threat or app was removed from this device. Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Feb 23, 2021.

1. PUA:Win32/ICBundler out of nowhere from uTorrent.exe

Detected: PUA:Win32/ICBundler

A threat or app was removed from this device.

Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior.

Affected items:

file: C:\Users\...\Downloads\uTorrent.exe

Is it gone? Really weird I had that uTorrent.exe for a day or so already and just now it found it, and I ran a scan earlier today. I just wanna make sure I am ok. I've never seen uTorrent trigger the antivirus. Is that frequently happening, am I infected? It says remove but the only action that it allows me to do is Allow so I really can't tell.

The reason I am freaking out is because I can only have the Allow option and also it says that the Program has been blocked. What does that mean. I don't want it blocked I want it completly removed. Also this happened immidiately after I downloaded a picture from Google Images, so that as well is a scary thing because maybe that is the malware or whatever this is and it just triggered another error just to pass through. I have no idea if that is possible but I removed it asap.

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Feb 23, 2021

2. Is uTorrent really safe?

I just downloaded uTorrent from their official website. After installation, the .exe file downloaded and installed 2 programs automatically and started them up.

They were -

1. Opera browser
    2. Avast free antivirus.
    After installation of the torrent browser it automatically opened up the settings and tried to change my default browser!

I uninstalled them all along with uTorrent and did an antivirus scan where nothing was found.

Now, my question is, How and why did uTorrent downloaded and installed this programs without my permission and tried to change my settings?

Is it compromising our security and privacy?

Abhinav_17, Feb 23, 2021
  3. uTorrent

Hi!

I've been trying to install uTorrent but it just crashes at the final step of installation. I've never encountered this problem before and I think it is happening because I tried to install uTorrent web. But also I was not able to find any traces of uTorrent
    web in my PC.

khuzaimranawadia, Feb 23, 2021
  4. PUA:Win32/ICBundler out of nowhere from uTorrent.exe

Utorrent

Hello,

To uninstall the Utorrent app on your laptop, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Right-click the Start button and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and Features (if your Control Panel is in Category view, go to
      Uninstall a Program).
    • Find the program you want to uninstall, click it to select it, and then click
      Uninstall.
    Let us know how it goes. We'd be glad to help!

Best.

Raymond Ave, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

PUA:Win32/ICBundler out of nowhere from uTorrent.exe

1. PUA:Win32/ICBundler out of nowhere from uTorrent.exe - Similar Threads - PUA Win32 ICBundler

2. BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD out of nowhere: So yeah basically that's all I know.Here's my specs: https://spec-ify.com/profile/91f319fbHere's the dump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMk51lwbfRpGRFQ3Um6hqWSE_IXGiO-A/view?usp=sharing...
  3. blackscreen out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blackscreen out of nowhere: my laptop pops up randomly blackscreen, if i am doing a project? a blackscreen pops up. what should i do about it? should i buy a new laptop or pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackscreen-out-of-nowhere/9bfe5b90-9afe-41fe-8afe-ae5ec711f8f1
  4. blackscreen out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blackscreen out of nowhere: my laptop pops up randomly blackscreen, if i am doing a project? a blackscreen pops up. what should i do about it? should i buy a new laptop or pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackscreen-out-of-nowhere/9bfe5b90-9afe-41fe-8afe-ae5ec711f8f1
  5. What is PUA win32 presenoken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is PUA win32 presenoken: I found threat on window threat protection and there are 3 choice quaruntine remove and allow i choose remove and start action does it a right choice to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-pua-win32-presenoken/d001fb63-7b5c-42fb-9c73-370b4f4c4491
  6. Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner: I downloaded the official Kali Linux ISO file to create a boot stick but then I got a lot of messages from Windows Defender like PUA: Win32/CoinMiner, Trojan: PHP/RevWebshell, Exploit: JS/ShellCode, Exploit: Ruby/JSShell and 7 more malware and all of them were classified as...
  7. Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?: I have tried to Set-MpPreference -PuaProtection 1 within Powershell , this fails as I do not have enough permissions to perform this act, HELP...
  8. No sound out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound out of nowhere: I have a Dell XPS 8930, Windows Ver. 1903 (OS build 18362.720) and all off a sudden there's no audio. The speakers work fine, so it's in the PC. I'm baffled. [img] 153212
  9. BSoD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD out of nowhere: Was playing the Sims 4 and got a BSoD DESKTOP-E3C6UKV-Sun_10_15_2017_202724_11.zip 95521
  10. uTorrent Running Out Of Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uTorrent Running Out Of Memory: Hi, I'm using a validated copy of Windows 10 and I was using uTorrent today and suddenly I got a message that it ran out of memory. I've used uTorrent with Windows 10 quite a few times with no problem whatsoever. I tried deleting the torrent and then I tried another one. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pua:win32/icbundler