Windows 10: PUA

Discus and support PUA in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All How can I remove PUA:win32/speedingupmypc. Defender finds it but cannot remove it. I have tried a few malware programs but no success.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanWright7, Aug 26, 2020.

1. PUA

Hi All

How can I remove PUA:win32/speedingupmypc.

Defender finds it but cannot remove it. I have tried a few malware programs but no success.

Everything I have read about this one is not good so some help is needed.

Take care and stay safe all.

Alan

:)

AlanWright7, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

From Shawn's note in the tutorial:

What we are doing is a hack, and Enterprise versions have may other security measures to prevent it from installing.

I bet DDU is on the list of PUA's, because a company does not want their users mucking around in the drivers(they probably couldn't without the Admin password anyhow).

Cliff S, Aug 26, 2020
  3. dencal Win User

PUA

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

Hi Shawn
    For some reason Powershell suggestion in this tut does not work on my computer, though your REG File does.
    This in on Build 1703....see attachments.

PUA [​IMG]

PUA [​IMG]

dencal, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

PUA

1. PUA - Similar Threads - PUA

2. Windows Defender bugging me about PUA that doesn't exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender bugging me about PUA that doesn't exist: I recently downloaded some files I made from OneDrive for Computer Science Homework, and Windows Defender was telling me some were trojans and PUAs, even though I'm sure they aren't. I was able to solve most of my problems, I had to make exceptions for a folder I have in...
  3. Windows Defender finds Threats but doesn't remove/quarantine a PUA and a Virus

Windows Defender finds Threats but doesn't remove/quarantine a PUA and a Virus: When I find a PUA and a virus and try to do ether Remove or Quarantine it just says "We are taking action but THEN THE RESULTS COME IN AND THE PUA Potential Unwanted App AND THE VIRUS DOESN'T GO AWAY. here is the detailed information about the virus and PUA Potential Unwanted...
  4. Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted

Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted: I did a scan 2 weeks ago and Windows Defender found 3 PUA's. I pressed "start actions" to delete these but every time I did a scan since then, they would still show. I manually deleted them (they were on an external drive) and they are definitely now deleted but they still...
  5. PUA Won't remove

PUA Won't remove: I downloaded a program from a site Which was a mistake as you will see Chrome didn't say anything, for some reason. Windows Defender said something as it was supposed to. But when I clicked remove, it just popped up again. It never stopped popping up. When I went to the...
  6. pua in windows defender2004 detected pua win 32 install core but its block

pua in windows defender2004 detected pua win 32 install core but its block: i went on a website download an app was going to install it and i got notify windows defender that by pua it said status removed and block under protection history am i ok or do i still have this it said low i have deleted the installer app btw...
  7. Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner: I downloaded the official Kali Linux ISO file to create a boot stick but then I got a lot of messages from Windows Defender like PUA: Win32/CoinMiner, Trojan: PHP/RevWebshell, Exploit: JS/ShellCode, Exploit: Ruby/JSShell and 7 more malware and all of them were classified as...
  8. CCleaner Identified as PUA

CCleaner Identified as PUA: Windows Defender identified CCleaner (current version) as PUA during a full scan today. Thoughts ? 161534
  9. Potentially Unwanted Application PUA detected

Potentially Unwanted Application PUA detected: Hi, So I have tried to install an add-on for FSX:SE game from a website. The web uses an installer for the add-on called "InstallMate". When I finished downloaded it and unzipped it, just after double click the .exe file, Windows Defender popped up and told me that a...
  10. Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already...

Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already...: Windows Security notified me for a PUA potentially unwanted applications. I wanted to manually uninstall it in control panel for a proper uninstall. I get an error that I don't have administrator access. So I put it in allow list and whet the uninstallation was successful....