Windows 10: PubKey file appearing on the desktop.

Discus and support PubKey file appearing on the desktop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I see this file, named PubKey appearing on my desktop and I don't know how. The first time it appeared I deleted it but then again the next day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PrinceSeb, Feb 13, 2022.

1. PrinceSeb Win User

PubKey file appearing on the desktop.

Hello, I see this file, named PubKey appearing on my desktop and I don't know how. The first time it appeared I deleted it but then again the next day it re-appeared. Is this a virus or something? Should I reset my PC?Please advise.

:)

PrinceSeb, Feb 13, 2022
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 13, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Icons appear on Desktop but not Desktop Folder

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that desktop icon shortcuts does not appear in the Desktop folder in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information was helpful. if you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 13, 2022
  4. PubKey file appearing on the desktop.

files appearing 180208aa

Hi Fred,

For us to narrow down your concern with files appearing 180208aa, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you referring to Microsoft Office Word? Which Word version are you using?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you try repairing your Office application by following the steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 13, 2022
Thema:

PubKey file appearing on the desktop.

1. PubKey file appearing on the desktop. - Similar Threads - PubKey file appearing

2. DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop: Good day y'all! I've been having this annoying but "harmless" issue for awhile now and at first I just ignored it but it bothered me after awhile even after windows updates. I have this dll file that keeps appearing on my desktop everytime and even after I delete it, it...
  3. PubKey file appearing on the desktop.

PubKey file appearing on the desktop.: Hello, I see this file, named PubKey appearing on my desktop and I don't know how. The first time it appeared I deleted it but then again the next day it re-appeared. Is this a virus or something? Should I reset my PC?Please advise....
  4. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  5. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  6. Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer: In File Explorer the desktop shortcut redirects to my C: drive, as well as the name "Desktop" being changed to "C:" Any help would be appreciated! In case it helps I'm running Windows 10 1909...
  7. debug file appearing on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug file appearing on the desktop: type - text document.log opens with - notepad file after opening it displays the following information: [1020/122331.587:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3...
  8. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...
  9. Gray X's on Desktop files appearing

Gray X's on Desktop files appearing: Gray X's have recently started appearing on all of the files and folders I have placed on my Windows 10 desktop. [img] The X's are in the lower left corner of the icon.. They only appear on icons belonging to actual files or folders saved on the desktop. (Not on...
  10. 2 files appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    2 files appeared on my desktop: Hey guys, so i rebooted my computer today and these 2 files appeared on my desktop. They don't have any given name or location, and when I delete them, they come back if I refresh my screen. [img] Oh, and by the way, every time I right click on them, only 3 things...