Windows 10: Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

Discus and support Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm currently attempting to set up a Paired Key using the Power Shell. I have to create on of the files with a .pub extension which identifies the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinMeyer2, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

I'm currently attempting to set up a Paired Key using the Power Shell. I have to create on of the files with a .pub extension which identifies the file as a Public Key file. But, as you know that is also the extension for a MS Publisher file. When I create the file, Windows is recognizing it as a Publisher file. What are my options to keep this as a Public Key file? If I disable or even remove Publisher, will that even work with this being a Windows OS?

- Kevin

:)

KevinMeyer2, Aug 31, 2019

2. How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have gone through the steps as suggested above BUT interestingly don't see an publisher listed under the "Untrusted Publishers" but still get the same error box as shared above.

Screenshot

I wonder why?

Tanveer Malik, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    indexing Publisher files

Hi,

What do you mean when you say 'how can I change Publisher to the other filter ?'

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

How do I unblock publisher on windows 10?

While I could find the file for Untrusted Publishers, the publisher in question (Samsung) was not there. In fact, there were no untrusted publishers listed.

What would my next step be?

NormaFrick, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

1. Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File - Similar Threads - Public Key getting

2. Microsoft Publisher 2010 Key issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Publisher 2010 Key issue: I have recently purchased Microsoft Publisher 2010 from a person on EBAY. I loaded the program but then I get the "This is not a valid Office Product key ". Is there anyway I can use this software or have I been taken to the cleaners? Thank you....
  3. Key combinations confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key combinations confusion: It's possible to assign actions to key combinations in all sorts of places Settings, PowerToys, individual applications, etc, but if I want to change something I can't always remember where I set a particular combination. Is there a central place I can list all the...
  4. Key combinations confusion

Key combinations confusion: It's possible to assign actions to key combinations in all sorts of places Settings, PowerToys, individual applications, etc, but if I want to change something I can't always remember where I set a particular combination. Is there a central place I can list all the...
  5. What are the pros and cons of publishing NuGet packages publicly and privately?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What are the pros and cons of publishing NuGet packages publicly and privately?: I've been scouring the web for this question: What are the pros and cons of both publishing NuGet packages publicly and privately? It've not been successful in this endeavor, after lots of searching. I did find a whitepaper by Microsoft but nothing like what I'm looking for....
  6. What are the pros and cons of publishing NuGet packages publicly and privately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the pros and cons of publishing NuGet packages publicly and privately?: I've been scouring the web for this question: What are the pros and cons of both publishing NuGet packages publicly and privately? It've not been successful in this endeavor, after lots of searching. I did find a whitepaper by Microsoft but nothing like what I'm looking for....
  7. What are the pros and cons of publishing NuGet packages publicly and privately?

8. So confused with Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So confused with Product Key: I'm planning on finally activating Windows 10 but when I went to Amazon some people were saying it's an upgrade key while others are saying it's a product key. Which is it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01019BM7O/ submitted by /u/OkayMystic [link] [comments]...
  9. File tree confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File tree confusion: I'm using Windows 10. Trying to understand OneDrive and how to find documents in various locations. There's "OneDrive - Personal" where some files get stored, apparently, but that doesn't show up when I click on File Explorer on my desktop computer. Instead I see three major...
  10. File Explorer is confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer is confusing: Somewhat new to Windows, after having used a Mac for several years. I find the layout in the File Explorer very confusing. It shows Quick Access, I see two separate Desktop listings (contents not the same), OneDrive, This PC, Libraries, My User Name. Why are there two...