Windows 10: Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

Discus and support Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm currently attempting to set up a Paired Key using the Power Shell. I have to create on of the files with a .pub extension which identifies the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinMeyer2, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

I'm currently attempting to set up a Paired Key using the Power Shell. I have to create on of the files with a .pub extension which identifies the file as a Public Key file. But, as you know that is also the extension for a MS Publisher file. When I create the file, Windows is recognizing it as a Publisher file. What are my options to keep this as a Public Key file? If I disable or even remove Publisher, will that even work with this being a Windows OS?

- Kevin

:)

KevinMeyer2, Aug 31, 2019

2. How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have gone through the steps as suggested above BUT interestingly don't see an publisher listed under the "Untrusted Publishers" but still get the same error box as shared above.

Screenshot

I wonder why?

Tanveer Malik, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    indexing Publisher files

Hi,

What do you mean when you say 'how can I change Publisher to the other filter ?'

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

How do I unblock publisher on windows 10?

While I could find the file for Untrusted Publishers, the publisher in question (Samsung) was not there. In fact, there were no untrusted publishers listed.

What would my next step be?

NormaFrick, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File

1. Public Key getting confused with a Publisher File - Similar Threads - Public Key getting

2. Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint: I can't open any of my documents in excel, publisher or powerpoint. Word still works. It tells me to select an default ap but excel, powerpoint and publisher are listed....
  3. unblock publisher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unblock publisher: using windows 10. how do I unblock a publisher so I can download and install a program from this publisher,s website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unblock-publisher/af71cf96-dab0-4f8d-9c2d-92f4c97e73ec"
  4. confused..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    confused..: windows 10 has updated my computer as normal, I have had windows 10 since it started but this time my pictures, documents email & calender, I don't understand why they have done this to a lot of my files. Why, when they haven't any other time. I'm not sure which topic to...
  5. Verify the files you publish and delete them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Verify the files you publish and delete them: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me how I see if I have published files and how can I delete these files (DUBLED). Wait for response!. A good day!....
  6. How to share public dropbox file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to share public dropbox file: How do I find the link to a public file in dropbox so I can share the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-to-share-public-dropbox-file/8c08521c-4a8c-4f0f-8fd9-992c34c189c1
  7. Confusing multiple google files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing multiple google files: Opening 'startup', I see Google Chrome is active, but looks like this: Google Chrome(4) Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome So, when I open the file location, it only shows 1 google file. It seems, based on my limited knowledge, that there are 5 Google...
  8. Publisher

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Publisher: Recently updated to W10. Went to print out a calendar using my Publisher program, only to discover it won't print it out. Printer works on other tasks (outside of Publisher). I believe it won't print out because of the recent upgrade to W10. Is there a solution/work around...
  9. A confusion in file explorer menu nomenclature?

in Windows 10 Support
    A confusion in file explorer menu nomenclature?: Hi, in the ribbon there are two instances of 'Type' when specifying search parameters. [img] The upper one is actually 'Kind' - the kind of file e.g. video, picture etc and is expressed as kind:= in the search field. The lower is the file type, expressed as type: in...
  10. Confused about the ISO file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about the ISO file?: Hi, I've recently been trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have tried to use the installer provided by Microsoft but the installer hangs on Checking For Updates. This doesn't end and I cannot pass it. I cannot use windows update to get the update as it just...