Windows 10: Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Discus and support Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I need a solution to fix my connectivity problem. I connect to the internet using wireless connection, and it actually works without any problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nurul MuhammadPrakoso, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Hi, I need a solution to fix my connectivity problem. I connect to the internet using wireless connection, and it actually works without any problem using my phone tethering. However, when I want to connect using my university public wifi, it says that I don't have internet connection and the problem ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED popped up. I've tried using my phone's tethering at the university but the problem still persist.

That time I thought that my wifi connection totally broke, but when I got home and tried to connect using my phone's tethering, I can connect to the internet perfectly. It seems that problem only happens when there is a university public network available around me. I tried to solved the problem by resetting the network, using CMD commands, turn off the defender and firewalls, and resetting the windows, but the problem still happen. Please kindly recommend a solution for my problem. Thank you

:)

Nurul MuhammadPrakoso, Aug 6, 2020

2. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I get the following on Chrome when I try and click the listen live on a radio station website. I get it also on Bing, but with different wording. I have two computers one the link works and the other one I get the messages. Any one can tell me step by
    step on how to change this? I have done a lot of setting changes, internet searches, phone calls . . . Any help would be appreciated. This site can’t be reached
    websiteisblocked.com56821’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

RandyNovak1, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Public WiFi Error

Hi,

This error might be caused by a third-party security software conflict, an issue with the Wi-Fi connection itself, and more. To properly address this concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Does this happen to any public WiFi?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Do you have any third-party software installed on your computer? If so, have you tried disabling them temporarily while connecting?
    Note: Antivirus software can help you protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn’t disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should
    re-enable it as soon as you’re done. If you’re connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Meanwhile, we suggest removing wireless network profiles that you no longer need and check if you'll be able to connect after that. Here are the steps to do so:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi in the left panel, then click Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
    • Select a network under Manage known networks, then choose the
      Forget option.

Let us know about the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

1. Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED - Similar Threads - Public WiFi causes

2. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  6. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED WHEN browsing

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED WHEN browsing: Hello I have an error ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED when browsing on Chrome, what to do to fix it ? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errnamenotresolved-when-browsing/7bb6ceef-7ac2-4f0b-acb4-e533576c9cee
  7. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  8. Can't see public wifi

Can't see public wifi: Hi, Last week, my laptop ran into a problem, while trying to connect to my school's WiFi (which is public), when i tried to find the network, it wasn't listed under available networks, so I decided to restart my laptop, then when I was doing so, my laptop showed me a blue...
  9. public wifi msftconnnecttest

public wifi msftconnnecttest: Hello I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically (regardless of browser I use) to msftconnecttest/redirect which goes to nowhere. No one seems to be able to help me solve this issue....
  10. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED: I get the following on Chrome when I try and click the listen live on a radio station website. I get it also on Bing, but with different wording. I have two computers one the link works and the other one I get the messages. Any one can tell me step by step on how to change...