Windows 10: public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login

Discus and support public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my local coffee shop I get stuck trying to log onto their wifi. A connection is made to their wifi network but the login page doesn't display, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TobyabGreen, Jan 30, 2020.

1. public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login

In my local coffee shop I get stuck trying to log onto their wifi. A connection is made to their wifi network but the login page doesn't display, the system gets stuck at a page called msftconnecttest. I've found suggestions on a fix including switching the valuedata in enableactiveprobing to 0 and changing the http/https configurations, but these don't work. I use Chrome as my default browser. Can anyone help?

:)

TobyabGreen, Jan 30, 2020

2. public wifi msftconnnecttest

Hello

I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically (regardless of browser I use) to msftconnecttest/redirect which goes to nowhere. No one seems to be able to help me solve
    this issue.

Laforestrx, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Jan 30, 2020
  4. public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login

Comcast Is Turning Customer Routers Into Public WiFi Spots

yea, but now i can even collect comcast userid/passwords !

for instance, if you sit in a starbucks and create a "starbucks-pub" hotspot you will attract people to login. but you really only get unencrypted info. so if they visit any https page then it is pointless.

with a comcast guest public wifi i assume people who can login have to have a comcast account. i can capture their userid/password, get their entire account history, and target specific homes in my area. it also means i can use their credentials to login to any comcast public wifi spot across the country and it isn't like they would know. comcast is opening up a can of wormd with this.

for this very reason i never ever login to a public wifi hotspot. i always use a 4g connection and from there use a VPN for anything identity related.

Easy Rhino, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login

1. public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login - Similar Threads - public wifi msftconnnecttest

2. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Login page won't open on public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login page won't open on public wifi: Quoting a thread that was locked with no answer in 2018, having the exact same problem now in 2022“I see that this question was asked in the past, but the answer was not helpful to me and the thread was locked so I am trying again.I have a Windows 10 laptop. It connects...
  6. Login page won't open on public wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login page won't open on public wifi: Quoting a thread that was locked with no answer in 2018, having the exact same problem now in 2022“I see that this question was asked in the past, but the answer was not helpful to me and the thread was locked so I am trying again.I have a Windows 10 laptop. It connects...
  7. Login page won't open on public wifi

8. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  9. Can't see public wifi

Can't see public wifi: Hi, Last week, my laptop ran into a problem, while trying to connect to my school's WiFi (which is public), when i tried to find the network, it wasn't listed under available networks, so I decided to restart my laptop, then when I was doing so, my laptop showed me a blue...
  10. public wifi msftconnnecttest

public wifi msftconnnecttest: Hello I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically (regardless of browser I use) to msftconnecttest/redirect which goes to nowhere. No one seems to be able to help me solve this issue....