Windows 10: Public wifi pop up issues

Discus and support Public wifi pop up issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey team, I have windows 10 and recently have shifted to an apartment complex which uses UNIFI for their internet. The last few days I haven't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesU-K, May 9, 2021.

1. JamesU-K Win User

Public wifi pop up issues

Hey team, I have windows 10 and recently have shifted to an apartment complex which uses UNIFI for their internet. The last few days I haven't been able to trigger the logon page whatsoever but can still do it on my android. All I get is "DNS could not be found."I've tried1. Clearing my cache 2. CMD prompts - config /flushdns3. Http://localhost or putting in 192.168.1.14. Restarting my computer 5. Turning off firewalls and adblocker6. Doing device manager, network adaptors and uninstallingNone of the above seem to work. Any help would be greatly considered! Thanks

:)

JamesU-K, May 9, 2021

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, May 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi

Hi Craig,

Let me verify some information to help us sort out this issue regarding connecting to a public. Allow me to ask the following:

• Were you able to connect to your company's public wifi before?
    • Can your tablet connect to a different public wifi?
    • Is Airplane mode disabled on your tablet?

Before looking into the other settings, please make sure that the Airplane mode is turned off on your tablet, then try to reconnect. If you're able to connect to your company's wifi before, then I suggest that you forget the network from your tablet first
    before you reconnect to it. Just navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks > select the company's wifi, then hit
    Forget. Once done, reconnect to the network and see if it works. If not, reboot or restart your tablet and try again.

Please update this thread with the result so we can further check on it if the issue persists.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 9, 2021
  4. Public wifi pop up issues

Public Wifi connected, no internet access

Hi Sam,

As you are unable to access the public Wi-Fi on your laptop, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to connect to any other Wi-Fi connection from your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to network adapter driver issues and network services. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on
      Settings
      from the left pane.

• Click on Network & Internet.

• Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.

• Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.

• In the left pane, click on View all.

• Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing the public Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Public wifi pop up issues

1. Public wifi pop up issues - Similar Threads - Public wifi pop

2. Pop up issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up issue: WebAdvisor pop up keep appearing despite having used Microsoft safety scanner to clean up the system, how do i resove it . I have installed Avast Antivirus software.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-issue/d4d06ef2-2f4e-4466-aaae-8a202699e285
  3. Pop up issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up issue: WebAdvisor pop up keep appearing despite having used Microsoft safety scanner to clean up the system, how do i resove it . I have installed Avast Antivirus software.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-issue/d4d06ef2-2f4e-4466-aaae-8a202699e285
  4. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  5. Public WiFi Option Not Popping Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Public WiFi Option Not Popping Up: I’m at an airport and while I can connect to the free airport WiFi just fine on my phone, the network won’t pop up as an option under available networks in Windows 10. I can see other networks are available so I know the drivers not broken (I also updated that). Can’t find...
  6. No WiFi selection popping up

No WiFi selection popping up: I currently just got a brand new gaming computer set up but i’m not able to connect it to my wifi. Its only giving me the option to connect by ethernet, which i do not have. Any kind of help is appreciated...
  7. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  8. WIFI issue with public connection where there is a redirect

WIFI issue with public connection where there is a redirect: I’m having an issue connecting to a public wifi, specifically Starbucks with one of my WIN10 computers. I have another WIN10 machine that connects fine, so I know it is not the provider. My phone and Ipad also connect fine. It’s just my one machine. This happens with all...
  9. public wifi msftconnnecttest

public wifi msftconnnecttest: Hello I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically (regardless of browser I use) to msftconnecttest/redirect which goes to nowhere. No one seems to be able to help me solve this issue....
  10. Wifi Connection Issues in Public Locations

Wifi Connection Issues in Public Locations: I recently upgraded my HP to windows 10. I was able to get the Internet Explorer to reinstall and I have internet accessability when working from home. But when I try to work remotely, I am unable to connect to a public wifi? Please advice or help. Thank you...